No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would support a committee ruling in this instance.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Alright then,

I presume you insist on being on the committee?

How many others do we need?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Let's just let the current top 5 decide.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• If we're going top five, my vote is count it.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Sure but you do realise the recommendation of this committee will be forwarded to the Judges Panel for a final decision?
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Then the bottom five. Just kidding.
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• 1. U.S. drones in Pakistan are operated by CIA.
                2. Former president of NYRA is a terrible choice for CIA cover.

Therefore Ozzy is not in the CIA and thus not violation of rule 21a.

Further, I move that DaShi be hit in the face with banana cream pie.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• That's 3 in favour so far. Still waiting on SlowwHand and OFITG.

DaShi's Motion is not faring well at committee.

Comment

• Former president of NYRA is a perfect CIA cover because no one would expect it.

However, I care more about the rules being followed than the outcome of the committee. What I'd like to see is this clarified in the next Pool.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• And yet you're suspicious, thus nullifying your own point.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• My point is about the possibility that a player could have violated 21a. In fact, since we can't prove that he did, we can't issue the full penalty under the rulings. However, we also can't prove that he didn't creating a potential loophole in this rule that I'd like to see closed.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Again, are you asking for an alibi so we know Ozzy didn't drop the drone bomb on that poor terrorist's head?

Comment

• I think DaShi should demonstrate he was not in fact in Libya on May 20th.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              Let's just let the current top 5 decide.
                              Why not the bottom five?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Not sure why I am commenting, it is only with some degree of morbid fascination/disgust that I even read this thread, but I seem to keep being drawn back to it :shrug:

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                                This is the main concern. I don't want to award points only to find out years later that the guy is still alive.
                                You are treating this as a negative, I am thinking more on the positive...couldn't someone theoretically get twice the points if someone on their list dies twice ("confirmed" dead) in the same year? For that matter why stop at twice?

If you are going to further clarify the rules, perhaps you could expand it further to prevent collusion and conspiracy. I would hate to see Ming and Jrabbit kill someone from each others list just to get each other the points (not specifically against the rules as I read them).

/me back to lurker mode
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X