No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Christian is it to call someone else "stupidest jackass on the internet"? Read my signature, please.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well what he meant to say was "stupidest jackass on the internet that I love as my very own brother", but you know some people have trouble revealing their feelings.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Dr. S
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          How Christian is it to call someone else "stupidest jackass on the internet"? Read my signature, please.
          How christian is it to purposefully post nonsense to a christian who is arguing truthfully, then accuse yourself of it, then flat out deny that you accused yourself of it over and over? How christian is it to just ignore that a person does that but jump on someone's case for calling him a stupid jackass? Read your own signature hypocrite.
          Last edited by Kidlicious; December 31, 2011, 04:45.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• How Christian is it to not act like a Christian because you believe some other people are not acting like Christians?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Why on earth would I "admit to posting nonsense" as clearly as Kid says I did, only to deny it over and over and over again?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Because you're a STUPID JACKASS!

Comment

• Gotta admit it, he's got you there, Elok. That logic is unassailable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Because you're a STUPID JACKASS!
                    Well you're a STUPIDHEAD!

Comment

• Careful, Kidicious gets very upset when people are disrespectful to him
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Gotta admit it, he's got you there, Elok. That logic is unassailable.
                        I may have no choice but to resort to the "I am rubber and you are glue" defense. Do you happen to have a clip of The Monarch saying it during his trial? I've never been able to find it on YouTube.
                        1011 1100

Comment

• Sadly, no.

****ing love that episode. Mecha-Shiva!

Comment

• How does it feel to be a LIAR? With pants constantly on fire?
                            1011 1100

Comment

• Is this evidence for or against the existence of a god? What would be the implications of having a god that created this?

In the animal kingdom, traumatic insemination is not unique as a form of coercive sex. Research suggests, in the Acilius genus of water beetles, there is no courtship system between males and females. "It's a system of rape. But the females don't take things quietly. They evolve counter-weapons." Cited mating behaviors include males suffocating females underwater till exhausted, and allowing only occasional access to the surface to breathe for up to six hours (to prevent them breeding with other males), and females which have a variety of body shapes (to prevent males from gaining a grip). Foreplay is "limited to the female desperately trying to dislodge the male by swimming frantically around".

"Rape behavior" has been observed in a number of duck species. In the blue-winged teal, "rape attempts by paired males may occur at any time during the breeding season." Cited reasons for this being beneficial to the paired males include successful reproduction, and chasing away intruders from their territory. Bachelor herds of bottlenose dolphins will sometimes gang up on a female and coerce her to have sex with them, by swimming near her, chasing her if she attempts to escape, and making vocalized or physical threats. In the insect world, male water striders unable to penetrate her genital shield, will draw predators to a female until she copulates.

Comment

• How very christian?

Comment

Working...
                                X