Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    How very christian?
    You of all people are not allowed to say this. You are one of the least Christian people on this site. You're basically Kidiciuos worshiping at the altar of Kidicious, except that now instead of Kidicious-claiming-to-be-a-Communist you're Kidicious-claiming-to-be-a-Christian - however, your underlying religion has not changed.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Is this evidence for or against the existence of a god?
      Neither.

What would be the implications of having a god that created this?
      Nothing certain.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Considering that there are a fair number of organisms that survive by eating other organisms (typically not painlessly), and another large set of organisms that unpleasantly parasitize or infect other organisms, and a rather large set of organisms that grows old and infirm, I don't think that duck rape is a very significant argument for or against the existence of God.

Comment

How very christian?
          How dare I quote lines from a TV show at Guy in a context that you might misinterpret as being directed at you?!?!
          1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
            How dare I quote lines from a TV show at Guy in a context that you might misinterpret as being directed at you?!?!
            You're just apathetic and arrogant to an extreme and others are encouraging you. That you can blame someone for calling you a stupid jackass says so much about your character.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You're just apathetic and arrogant to an extreme and others are encouraging you. That you can blame someone for calling you a stupid jackass says so much about your character.
              Consider what you just said: You think I'm a "stupid jackass." Okay. But the fact that I deny being a stupid jackass is, I take it, a bad thing. Why? If I didn't deny that, wouldn't that simply make the fault willful, and therefore worse?

Also, how exactly is someone apathetic to an extreme? It's very un-extreme behavior. It's like you called me radically neutral, or remarkably average.
              1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                Considering that there are a fair number of organisms that survive by eating other organisms (typically not painlessly), and another large set of organisms that unpleasantly parasitize or infect other organisms, and a rather large set of organisms that grows old and infirm, I don't think that duck rape is a very significant argument for or against the existence of God.
                The Orthodox POV as I understand it is that our present world is radically different from God's original creation as a result of sin. If I were a strict creationist such a thing might trouble me, but accepting that:

1. Evolution occurs, and
                2. God does not always prevent wickedness from prospering in this life,

it stands to reason that such things would occur. Some animals rape, some animals engage in warfare, some eat their own kind. Why? Because it's profitable to do so.
                1011 1100

Comment

• You're still doing it. That's what I'm talking about. You obviously think it's worse to call someone a stupid jackass than to be one and not care that you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    ...it stands to reason that such things would occur. Some animals rape, some animals engage in warfare, some eat their own kind. Why? Because it's profitable to do so.
                    I completely agree. I just thought it was odd/amusing that the Problem of Evil was being reduced to the Problem of Duck Rape.

Comment

You're still doing it. That's what I'm talking about. You obviously think it's worse to call someone a stupid jackass than to be one and not care that you are.
                      I don't have a strong opinion on which of those two is worse. However, I do deny being a stupid jackass, which indicates that I do/would care that I am/if I were.
                      1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        I completely agree. I just thought it was odd/amusing that the Problem of Evil was being reduced to the Problem of Duck Rape.
                        Well, that and you wanted to say "duck rape" some more.
                        1011 1100

Comment

• You deny a lot of things which doesn't matter even a little.

Comment

• As it is said, "The writing is on the wall." When that is so, what a person denies doesn't count for anything.

Comment

• Does it count as writing on the wall when you're the (only) one writing it, Kid?
                              1011 1100

Comment

• You wrote it. For example, you told Imran that you were purposefully posting things that didn't make sense. That's a fact. It's still there in writing if you haven't edited it out. It's not something I wrote. It's what you wrote.
                                Last edited by Kidlicious; December 31, 2011, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X