No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And when did I say I didn't believe in the Holy Spirit? Some incredible way you think there is no rule against murder etc....
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      I never said I believed in legalism.
      You've been going on and on about the importance of following rules and opposing Imran's arguments about the spirit of the law. That could be called legalistic. Call it what you will, the vast majority of The Law, as listed in the bit you quoted but didn't really address, is officially obsolete in fact as well as in common practice. Jesus makes it clear that what remains should be interpreted differently and obeyed in spirit instead of following it blindly to the letter and, say, condemning a man for healing on the Sabbath.

But then you admit to being a liar.
      No, I don't, did not, and have not. You just can't read correctly.

That includes false witness. You really are creepy.
      I wuv you too.

Again you haven't read the Bible. You may have read things about the Bible that are false, but you haven't read the Bible.
      Still waiting on:

1. Textual support for Eve wanting to impress the snake.
      2. Textual support for the Epistles showing Imran and I are wrong.
      EDIT: 3. Textual support for me saying I'm a liar, or talking nonsense, or whatever you say I said.

If you're going to say "such-and-such says you're doodyheads," you should know in advance that I'll be wanting citations for that too.
      Last edited by Elok; December 29, 2011, 15:49.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

And when did I say I didn't believe in the Holy Spirit? Some incredible way you think there is no rule against murder etc....
        I don't think the Holy Spirit would consel people to murder others. It'd go against that whole loving other people thing that Jesus was a fan of. If you are guided by the Spirit you aren't going to go around killing.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Elok, I have NEVER argued against following the spirit of the law. More lies from the liar who accuses himself of purposefully posting nonsense the denies that he ever did so. Like I said anyone can look through the Bible and see how many times rules are stated. If I list any, I should list them all or it would understate the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            I don't think the Holy Spirit would consel people to murder others. It'd go against that whole loving other people thing that Jesus was a fan of. If you are guided by the Spirit you aren't going to go around killing.
            Of course, the Spirit doesn't break the rules and disobey God. YOU BREAK THE RULES AND DISOBEY GOD!

Comment

• I can really feel the "true christian" spirit in this thread. Keep it up kiddy, you continue to give religion a bad name.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Elok, I have NEVER argued against following the spirit of the law.
                Imran has been arguing against legalism (ie an obsession with following The Rules) this whole time. It's not that murder is suddenly okay, it's that we are moved (through the Spirit) to nonviolence by love of God and love of our Neighbor instead of rigid obedience to rules. That's what you've been arguing against. If you didn't understand that, it's not Imran's fault.

More lies from the liar who accuses himself of purposefully posting nonsense the denies that he ever did so.
                Still waiting on the cite for that. While we're at it,

Like I said anyone can look through the Bible and see how many times rules are stated. If I list any, I should list them all or it would understate the matter.
                I'd like it if you could cite any instance of your actually backing up an assertion in a concrete manner when asked to. Instead of saying, "it's in there somewhere," or "Google it." But that's a low-priority request, behind the other three. I don't expect you to "list them all," I just want you to back up what you said. Epistles, Genesis, my calling myself a liar, take your pick and back it up.

IIRC there are precisely two "rules" in the NT: Love God, Love your Neighbor. We're also advised to sell all that we have and give to the poor, but I imagine you haven't done that literally (not that I'd expect you to), unless you type all your replies on a library PC.
                1011 1100

Comment

• Oh it's my fault for not arguing against a strawman? You are a sad little man. I don't have time for your nonsense.

Comment

• Really, Kid, the problem here is that you don't appreciate nuance. At least, that's the impression I'm getting. You're taking what we say and boiling it down into a clumsy one-dimensional parody of our original intent. That, with such an attitude, you chose first Christianity, and then Existentialism, as your personal beliefs--that's baffling. The Bible is an incredibly complex book, and as for Existentialism, the reason I'm not an Existentialist is that the philosophy is a little too nuanced for my tastes.

Actually, I should qualify that last statement. The impression I get of Existentialism is of an extremely varied philosophy which falls into two broad groups: the vaguely postmodern type Imran appears to favor, and the kind championed by Nietzsche, Camus and Sartre, which strikes me as a lot of words for a little wad of arrogant, posturing, world-weary misanthropy. But even the second kind relies heavily on complicated abstractions.
                    1011 1100

Comment

• And you can want in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up faster. If you don't know what the Bible says it's no fault of mine.

Comment

Oh it's my fault for not arguing against a strawman?
                        Whether you're at fault depends on whether you are willfully misunderstanding us or just not getting it, I suppose. If it's the former, kindly cut it out; if it's the latter, please try to broaden your mind.

You are a sad little man.
                        I'm actually rather cheerful, if a tad neurotic, and just shy of 6'0".

I don't have time for your nonsense.
                        Evidence indicates otherwise.
                        1011 1100

Comment

• It's this thread AGAIN in a different iteration? It's like it keeps dying and getting resurrected.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            just shy of 6'0".
                            So he's right about being little.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

And you can want in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up faster. If you don't know what the Bible says it's no fault of mine.
                              If you're not willing to back up what you say, you might as well stop saying anything.
                              1011 1100

Comment

• blah blah blah. Why should I read a long post when you've accused yourself of nonsense. All I read is some nonsense about that not being a strwman that I didn't argue against for so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X