Not how they do it in PHILADELPHIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    Also having time off, doesn't = poor work ethic.

Our labour is so valuable people have to attract us by offering us generous terms of employment. WINNING.
    No, you have your governments demand that companies give you time off, forcing businesses overseas and contributing to unemployment.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Also, I was promoted yesterday, *****es. Y'all can call me Dr. Vice President from now on...

Damn...and I thought Goldman had the bucks for a raise, but I guess it is just a title and more work for you this year.

Congrats old man.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        No, you have your governments demand that companies give you time off, forcing businesses overseas and contributing to unemployment.
        In practice it doesn't work like that. There's cheaper labour elsewhere even without the lower vacation demands. If it made sense and was practical to outsource, it has already been done.

By your argument we should be accepting the same wages as other countries, in addition to quality of life compromises.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          Efficiency
          Capital accumulation

Also, congrats to KH. Given the crazy work hours, you probably more than earned it.

Comment

Is that why Europe has roughly the same unemployment as the US?

Comment

dont you see that if we just started to treat everyone like pack mules we would all be better off. we would have like 0 unemployment.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                The insane amount of US holidays is why the US has more unemployment than Canada.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  What are you on about? Recently I smiled reading one of Paul Krugman's columns...
                  in which he complained that the US is not acting decisively enough to lower the 9%
                  unemployment rate. In Europe 12% is not uncommon, going to 20% in some countries,
                  25-30% among the youth. Many Euro countries would kill for 9% unemployment nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                    What are you on about? Recently I smiled reading one of Paul Krugman's columns...
                    in which he complained that the US is not acting decisively enough to lower the 9%
                    unemployment rate. In Europe 12% is not uncommon, going to 20% in some countries,
                    25-30% among the youth. Many Euro countries would kill for 9% unemployment nowadays.
                    Not every European country is a ****hole like wherever you're from. The European Union's unemployment rate is definitely not 12%. That is what I am on about.

Comment

Wow, what are we doing wrong in the United States where we have 9% unemployment and the government doesn't demand time off for employees?
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Also having time off, doesn't = poor work ethic.
                        Of course it does.

Remember, that time is money. He that can earn ten shillings a day by his labor, and goes abroad, or sits idle, one half of that day, though he spends but sixpence during his diversion or idleness, ought not to reckon that the only expense; he has really spent, or rather thrown away, five shillings besides.

Because money doesn't make you happier, but time to spend on your personal relationships and other interests does.
                        A job well done is its own reward.

Comment

You're one to talk... How many years has it been since you released an album?

Comment

I'm mostly working on production and films these days. Live 2 Tell (which I wrote) should be out next year and my official biopic is scheduled to hit theaters in 2013.

Comment

Tupac, the true ghost writer.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Wrote in prison years ago and scheduled to go into production next year. 6 year vacation

Comment

Working...
                                X