No announcement yet.

Not how they do it in PHILADELPHIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not aware of this phenomenon before today. Very interesting...

Even so, chiefs are relatively rare compared with presidents and their various declensions (vice-, assistant-, etc). Almost everybody in banking from the receptionist upwards is a president of some sort. The number of members of LinkedIn, a professional network, with the title vice-president grew 426% faster than the membership of the site as a whole in 2005-09. The inflation rate for presidents was 312% and for chiefs a mere 275%.

Inflation in job titles is approaching Weimar levels

Comment

Not sure why it's being claimed as a recent phenomenon; structure of banking titles has been constant for a number of decades.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Chief of ****ing ballin outta control.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I now fear the day when one will be able to gain the title "greatest rapper alive" without having to murder the previous title-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            It's public recognition for a job well done rather than any change of responsibilities. The main immediate, concrete benefit is an extra week of vacation every year.
            Great! So now you get a week of vacation?
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

The only question is which 5 saturdays I want to take off!
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Personally I am contemplating going up to a 5 day week again
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Why do Europeans take such pride in their poor work ethic?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    cause their life isnt that much worse for so much less effort.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

In fact our lives are much better for less effort.

Because money doesn't make you happier, but time to spend on your personal relationships and other interests does.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Also having time off, doesn't = poor work ethic.

Our labour is so valuable people have to attract us by offering us generous terms of employment. WINNING.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Congratulations KH. It's nice to be recognized for your work.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Efficiency
                            Blah

Comment

I just work long days in the 4 I work, but being in a highly demanded and skilled area, I have that luxury. And still get ****loads of money for the privilege
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

QFT
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X