on hold with amex fraud services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Not really. More like wasting money out the ****ing ass. Do you know how much money you would have saved if you ate at home?

Just because you're making money doesn't mean you have to be a baller. You'd think someone like you wouldn't have a ghetto mentality.

From amex's analysis it looks like we've spent 14k or so in bars and restaurants in the last 12 months. We've also saved well over 100k.

Livin' the life:
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

From amex's analysis it looks like we've spent 14k or so in bars and restaurants in the last 12 months. We've also saved well over 100k.

Livin' the life:
      Al is probably going to lose his mind over this.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

He nearly lost his mind when he discovered that I made more per hour last summer than he had in his entire life, so I think this will probably cause his head to explode like Mount Vesuvius.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

He would really freak out about the 3.5k bar bill my friend working at another firm just rang up on his wife's bday, then...
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Livin' the life:
            I am not going to say what my statement would show .

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

He would really freak out about the 3.5k bar bill my friend working at another firm just rang up on his wife's bday, then...
              That's like 100 drinks in NYC.
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                That's like 100 drinks in NYC.
                Bottle service.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

BTW, the usual means of obtaining card info is in restaurants. The waiter takes your card and skims the card before running the legitimate transaction.
                  This is why I always dine and dash.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Bottle service.
                    That pencils out to about 35 bucks per drink, no?

Comment

Ridiculous. You'd think someone working in finance would have some sense of frugality. It's like you work for the government
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

He only spent ~2x what many postdocs spend... if he was really extravagant he would spend far more.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If he's saving 100K per year, then there's not much impetus to eat frugally and save 110K per year
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

what he said.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              If he's saving 100K per year, then there's not much impetus to eat frugally and save 110K per year
                              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                You'd think someone working in finance would have some sense of frugality
                                Uh...no, actually.

Also, I'm not sure why you think I'm not living frugally; it's a relative concept.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X