No announcement yet.

Another violent Islamic reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Punishing" Germany worked out real well after the first war, so I don't see why we didn't punish them even harder after the second.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
      "Punishing" Germany worked out real well after the first war, so I don't see why we didn't punish them even harder after the second.
      Umm... but Germany was punished. It was split in half and this particular land (East Prussia) that I think should have been given for Israel was split between Poland and the Soviet Union, the German population expelled.

Russia and Poland still own the territory that was East Prussia to this day.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Gee, thanks for the history lesson. That Russian exclave used to be part of Germany? You don't say.

Comment

• Apparently Elok was unaware.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• No, I was aware of the fragmentation of Germany. It wasn't done for punitive purposes AFAIK.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              No, I was aware of the fragmentation of Germany. It wasn't done for punitive purposes AFAIK.
              Well the point is that Germany lost East Prussia to Russia and Poland. I'm suggesting giving East Prussia for a Jewish state would have made more sense but the Soviets precluded that opportunity.

Comment

• It lost more than East Prussia to Poland. Stettin, Breslau...
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• So why not give those lands to the Jews following WW2 rather than Poland? Why involve the Arabs, at all?

Comment

• Sucks to be a British colony, I guess.

Comment

• Palestine was never a British colony. It was under a League of Nations/British mandate.

Comment

• It was administered by the British. Close enough.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Palestine was never a British colony. It was under a League of Nations/British mandate.
                          yeah, okay, and North Korea is a democratic republic.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            yeah, okay, and North Korea is a democratic republic.
                            The difference, I think, between a colony and what the Brits had in place was that British settlers were not moved to live in "Palestine." See and compare Australia. Mandate Palestine was under British administration but it was not a British colony.
                            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              So why not give those lands to the Jews following WW2 rather than Poland? Why involve the Arabs, at all?
                              Because:
                              1) Jews already had land in Russian Far East. No one really wanted to settle there.
                              2) We had to give something to Poland.
                              3) Zionists have wanted Palestine for a long time already.
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
                                Because:
                                1) Jews already had land in Russian Far East. No one really wanted to settle there.
                                2) We had to give something to Poland.
                                3) Zionists have wanted Palestine for a long time already.
                                This might have more to do with the whole communism and Stalin thing than anything...oh yeah and the fact that the Russian Far East ****ing sucks didn't help either.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X