Graphing Calculators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    The TI-83 isn't RPN, you're thinking of the Hewlett Packards.
    Yes? I know it's not RPN.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Do people still use calculators?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I do. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...on/calculator/
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

rpn

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            The students younger than me in college had ti89s and I always thought they were spoiled.
            Er, why? They're not much more expensive (if at all). Certainly less that Mathematica. Also, maple sucks
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

To have those to use for everything, we only used maple/mathematic/mathcad for certain calculations (primarily lab reports). Not for homework.

Obviously we didn't own them, they were in the physics library (which had 2-4 computers? we had 12-25 in an upper level physics class).

JM
              (One person in my class had a ti89 or something he had bought, late in the night after we had spent a long time working problems we would occasionally consult it to see if we had messed up a calculation somewhere. I am a lot less practiced at calculations now, so check almost everything I do with mathematica. But when I was doing homework in undergrad we didn't rely upon such tools.)

(We had an office, many of us would do homework there, and would consult each other occasionally, after we had attempted the problems.)
              Last edited by Jon Miller; October 28, 2011, 11:29.
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Just buy a smart phone and download a graphing calculator app. This isn't the mid 90's any more so there is no need to buy a graphing calculator.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They don't let you bring a phone into a test.

Comment

And you're going to let them tell you what to do?
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I remember people getting ridiculously upset that their calculator memories were wiped before the AP exams (because they lost their Tetris programs)

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Pssh. Get with the times, old man
                        Its a good calculator!

My friend created a Mario game on it, he did the whole first level of Super Mario.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                            I remember people getting ridiculously upset that their calculator memories were wiped before the AP exams (because they lost their Tetris programs)
                            They never wiped our calculators. There would have been an armed uprising.

Also if you have to cheat on the calculator section of AP calc you are actually a ******.

Comment

In 2005, six years after I'd taken my last math class, I audited a ridiculously low-level EE course because I was required to take three graduate courses outside of the CS/CE department and I wanted to see if EE would fit the bill. On the first exam we had to convert a lot of complex numbers from cartesian to polar coordinates, without using a calculator; I somehow converted them all backwards (so the radius was negative when it was supposed to be positive and vice-versa) and flunked the test. And if I had to take the test again today, there'd be a 50/50 chance that I'd flunk it again. Calculators

Comment

doesn't anyone remember BOOBLESS?
                                i thought you guys were sposed to be nerds
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X