Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I might quote the right honorable 18th President of the United States.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I might quote the right honorable 18th President of the United States.

"The only good rebel is a dead rebel"

Ulysses S. Grant, 18th President of the United States, General of the Army of the Potomac, man who defeated General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia.

Suck it, *****es!
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

What is this in response to?

And who exactly are you trying to troll here? I hope it isn't me. You might manage to troll Sloww, but that's probably about it.

Also Grant was a ****ing terrible president, and I doubt he was really a better general than Lee, he just had numbers and industry.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

If Grant actually believed that, then why did he give the Rebels such generous terms at Appomattox? ****ing drunken rebel-lover...

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        If Grant actually believed that, then why did he give the Rebels such generous terms at Appomattox? ****ing drunken rebel-lover...
        I'm pretty sure the only thing Grant let Lee keep was his horse. Is that too much?

Comment

Why would an uninvolved Californian be picking a side so much later?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It was 150 years ago, man. Why would anyone be picking a side other than the Union?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the only thing Grant let Lee keep was his horse. Is that too much?

It was extremely generous of Grant to parole Lee and his men, traitors all.

Comment

Grant probably would have lost a bunch of his men had he tried to wipe them out. The Rebs were getting about two yanks for every one of theirs that died.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                  They just caught him on a good day when he had had enough whiskey.

Comment

When did Grant ever say that? You can't just make up a quote and ascribe it to someone. I think you've confused Ulysses Grant with Philip Sheridan.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      When did Grant ever say that?
                      It's just not an Oerdin post if it's factually accurate. Roll with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        What is this in response to?

And who exactly are you trying to troll here? I hope it isn't me. You might manage to troll Sloww, but that's probably about it.

Also Grant was a ****ing terrible president, and I doubt he was really a better general than Lee, he just had numbers and industry.
                        Grant had doggedness. I mean the man would lose 100,000 men in a day then launch another attack the next morning just because he knew Lee couldn't replace his loses while the north had hundreds of units which had never seen combat even in 1865. Like the allied WW1 generals he was determined to bleed the enemy dry but defensive arms hadn't become so good as in WW1 so he was able to do it. Something like 50%-60% of the military white male aged people in the south were killed but Grant knew if he just killed enough there would be no one left.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Why would an uninvolved Californian be picking a side so much later?
                          Check which side my state was on you filthy rebel scum. We spanked the **** out of worthless Texans in the Arizona and New Mexico territories too.

Comment

Yeah, so basically Grant's strategy was "we have reserves". An effective strategy, obviously, but had Lee and Grant flipped places Lee would have been the victor.

Grant sure lost a hell of a lot of men fighting with 2-1 numbers and much better logistics.

Comment

Grant is underrated as a military commander. His campaign at Vicksburg, MS is a thing of beauty.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X