X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Jobs dead.

According to Yahoo.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Sucks.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I never liked his products but his turtlenecks provided me much amusement.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

LONG LIVE STEVE JOBS
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Love him or hate him, he was a visionary who had an extraordinary effect on computing and industrial design.

Linky: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/1...under-is-dead/
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's unfortunate that he died before becoming a decent human being.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

ok

Comment

Considering the photos that leaked of him after he resigned as CEO, I'm surprised it took this long.

Also, I was wondering how many posts it would take before a poster acted the ass. Turned out it was post #6.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Can anyone explain me his importance and Apple's importance?

Three months ago for me Apple was a company that made weirdly shaped colourful computers for people who work at graphic design.

Then I discover on the news that this guy has resigned because he is ill and loads of people are making comments about how revolutionary he is and how he changed our lives, getting compared to Edison, Marconi etc

Probably it is just my ignorance
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

Pixar is awesome
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                      LONG LIVE STEVE JOBS
                      The King is dead. Long live the King! Long live the King!

Comment

from celebrity dead pool:

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                        if I could, I'd nominate Steve Jobs for 2011
                        so he had a month between retirement and death to spend with his family

Comment

Not long at all. It would suck no matter what but he was a California visionary. Truly a visionary.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post

Three months ago for me Apple was a company that made weirdly shaped colourful computers for people who work at graphic design.

Then I discover on the news that this guy has resigned because he is ill and loads of people are making comments about how revolutionary he is and how he changed our lives, getting compared to Edison, Marconi etc

Probably it is just my ignorance
                            Well, the comparisons to great inventors are largely hyperbole. But he did transform Apple from an oddball, also-ran computer company with a 4% market share into the world's most highly valued technology company. Arguably his two areas of exceptional ability were industrial design and marketing.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                              According to the market it is the single most highly valued company in the world. I'm not sure that is sane but it is entirely true.

Comment

Working...
                              X