No announcement yet.

Things to do in Tokyo/Kyoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      This. You can see all the good sights in Tokyo in a day or two, while it would take weeks to see all the cool **** in Kyoto.
      I found this to be very true. Depends on what you're in to, Tokyo has a few odd sights that might interest you. Definitely weird.

Kyoto is all sorts of awesome and interesting. But very little English is spoken there, so KH might miss a lot of sights.

I will give my rundown when I get a chance.
      Last edited by DanS; October 3, 2011, 21:52.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Looks like Drake has done a great job. I went at this exact time of year last year. Wander around the old section of North Kyoto. Just walk around the parks and look in on some of the smaller shrines. This is not the high season, so nobody will be around except for the big sights. No reservations are necessary at this time of year either on all the old traditional restaurants, so eat well. In some of the more active parts of North Kyoto, there are an amazing number of antiques and design shops for your lady to look through.

Walk lots and keep open to serendipity. Kyoto is awesome.
        Last edited by DanS; October 3, 2011, 21:53.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

History is boring.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

1) Did kyoto. Followed a large number of drake's suggestions

2) HOLY **** TOKYO IS INSANE. WHAT THE MOTHER****ING ****. View from my hotel is retarded (we overlook shibuya crossing from the 28th floor of the Cerulean Towers hotel). Tokyo is ****ing HUGE.

3) Japanese girls dress like sluts
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

2) HOLY **** TOKYO IS INSANE. WHAT THE MOTHER****ING ****. View from my hotel is retarded (we overlook shibuya crossing from the 28th floor of the Cerulean Towers hotel). Tokyo is ****ing HUGE.

@3, were you able to entice them into a 3 some with the wife or were they too busy giggling at your large american penis.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

in before someone asks for pics
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

How's she doing?

Something else that the Chinese are trying to beat the Japanese at. They'll surpass America's GDP first, though.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

View from my hotel is retarded (we overlook shibuya crossing from the 28th floor of the Cerulean Towers hotel).
                    Nice.

Tokyo is ****ing HUGE.
                    No ****, you dip****. Did you think the biggest city on earth was going to be small?

Comment

That was the best part.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So, how was it?

Comment

Apparently he was inspired to buy his own slut.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                          X