Things to do in Tokyo/Kyoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    The fact that you visited will allow you to easily troll Chinese and Koreans for the rest of your life
    This is trivially easy without visiting some Japanese shrine. All you have to do is ask them why they moved out when they start talking about how great their home country is. Naturally it works better on the Chinese.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I don't think you understand just how pissed off other Asians get about Yasukuni. South Koreans have cut their ****ing fingers off and mailed them to the Japanese PM in protest.

edit: Apparently Japanese people have too.

Comment

Do blow off a hooker's tits.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Japanese hookers don't have tits.

Comment

Then use a Canadian 'English teacher'...
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              I have a friend attending ICU in Tokyo.
              I hope he's okay.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ueno Park was also cool but Totogi Park was better though that was in high cherry blossom season. No matter what make sure to tour the Imperial Palace, the famous world's largest fish market (it sounds dumb but it was actually cool and there were lots of places to eat serving fresh sea food), there are tons of temples but the war criminal/war dead temple is the biggest and best (you might remember it from the news as it's a temple where they continue to pray for the WW2 war dead including those executed for war crimes by the allies so it became a political flash point; Meiji shrine was cool too), absolutely go to the national gardens (Shinjuku Gyoen) even if you have to stab someone in the eye to get there, I can remember wandering around ebisu eating at restaurants with no English menu just pointing at stuff in Japanese at the menu (no pictures so it was a complete mystery) and the really hot Japanese waitress took it upon herself to pick out my food and cook it for me (on the open grill in the table) because she took pity upon a poor ignorant white boy.

They also had these video arcades which also had old fashioned pachinko game machines (you put money in and then you play for these steel ball bearing like things); it sounds dumb but it is fun and very Japanese. Make sure you walk into random eateries, pay the machine to get a ticket, and then let the old guy give you what ever lever you pulled. Honestly, it's all good but expect to eat standing up because there will be 30 people in line and only 5 chairs in the whole place.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  Do blow off a hooker's tits.
                  It's not worth it in Tokyo. They're all Filipina hookers with a few Vietnamese girls mixed in yet they still want $800. Yes, I'm a dirty dog but I know what I'm talking about here. In this matter Korea is far better (especially if you're young and white since Korean girls have a thing for white guys) while Thailand is the promised land and Cambodia is the poor man's Vegas.

Comment

There's not much point in spending time on temples and gardens in Tokyo if you're also going to Kyoto as the 25th best temple/garden in Kyoto is better than anything Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                      It's not worth it in Tokyo. They're all Filipina hookers with a few Vietnamese girls mixed in yet they still want $800. Yes, I'm a dirty dog but I know what I'm talking about here. In this matter Korea is far better (especially if you're young and white since Korean girls have a thing for white guys) while Thailand is the promised land and Cambodia is the poor man's Vegas.
                      You appear to be wise in the ways of prostitutes--hopefully it doesn't matter, what with KH being married, but still...what exactly makes a Filipina or Vietnamese prostitute a lower value than others? Or is it just the $800 tag that puts you off?
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The fact that in their home country $25 works?

Comment

Damn, all the sex jokes are taken already.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            I hope he's okay.
                            ????
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

ICU - intensive care unit

Comment

I´d buy an old samurai sword and ship it to hang it on the wall at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X