Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to live in Fairfax County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
    Bull****. East coast skiing is fake and you know it.
    I haven't been to Vermont though.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
      PROTIP: If your city is big enough that it has a Federal Interstate Beltway...it's a ****ing city.
      I can't think of a single city in California with a ring road. Those are a **** idea anyway because freeways should rightly be laid out in a rough grid. See Los Angeles for how to properly design freeways.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
        I can't think of a single city in California with a ring road. Those are a **** idea anyway because freeways should rightly be laid out in a rough grid. See Los Angeles for how to properly design freeways.
        Los Angeles is regularly used an example for how not to do transportation.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Yes, let's base our road network on LA. Wouldn't that be excellent.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Los Angeles is regularly used an example for how not to do transportation.
            It depends on what you're going for. If you want a car based transport system then it is pretty much the ideal but if you want a multiple transport method then it isn't ideal. I thought we were talking about freeway layout though which would imply cars; if you want to efficiently move around millions of cars then L.A. is pretty much the best design for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              It depends on what you're going for.
              The goal is inexpensive, efficient transit. LA is full of fail in this area.

If you want a car based transport system then it is pretty much the ideal but if you want a multiple transport method then it isn't ideal. I thought we were talking about freeway layout though which would imply cars; if you want to efficiently move around millions of cars then L.A. is pretty much the best design for that.
              Dude, Oerdin. No. You've surely been to LA before. Every time I've been there I've been stuck in traffic. It's not the way to go about it.

Remember Carmageddon? In a properly designed system that's not even a plausible scenario.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Any metro area with ~17 million people in it is going to have traffic, Asher. No matter how extensive, wide, or well designed it's freeways are. They do need to change their zoning laws because right now all the people live in one area, all the shopping is in a totally different area, and all the industrial zones are in a third area requiring people to drive to do anything. That is a separate problem though and doesn't change the fact that their freeway network is probably the best in the world.

Comment

• LA traffic makes DC traffic look like a sunday drive. DC traffic sucks, and that's even with Metro taking cars off the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Skiing. Which while it isn't as good as out west, is passable for day trips around here.
                    I think you need to take a trip out to Colorado or Utah. The key benefit of the Seattle area (Or Vancouver as a Canadian) is that you can live an urban life and only be 60 minutes to snow, but the snow quality in the previously mentioned places is better. From what I gather about the east Coast the snow, when you get it is hard and icy.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I go skiing out west once a year usually...I am fully aware how much better the skiing is out west.

Comment

• West

East

Comment

Working...
                        X