No announcement yet.

Screw PH. Recommend ME/my SO a new car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw PH. Recommend ME/my SO a new car!

HELLO~

Need to buy a 2nd car to supplement my Mazda 3. It'll be mostly a car for my SO who has a long commute.

Criteria are as follows:
    - Reliable
    - ~30K or less
    - All-wheel drive
    - Higher-than normal car ground clearance (for snow)

This pretty much requires a small crossover/compact SUV.

Shortlist so far:

Nissan Juke: Looked fugly in pictures on first impression, but I saw this in the lot and it's growing on me. It's apparently very fun to drive. Great mileage. Lots of tech gadgets I like.

Nissan Rogue: I can get great discounts on this as they've overstocked. It is much bigger than the Juke with just a little worse mileage. But it's more mundane as well, "conservatively" styled.

Toyota RAV4: Would get the V6 version if anything (which is 269hp). Bland appearance, meh handling, bleh interior, but very reliable and very speedy.

Subaru Forester: "Simple" design. Supposedly feels very nice to drive, though.

Test drives coming on the weekend. Any others I should consider? Any of these I should not consider?
    Nissan Juke
    0.00%
    Nissan Rogue
    14.29%
    Toyota RAV4
    35.71%
    Subaru Forester
    35.71%
    Other (specify in thread)
    14.29%
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

What car feels the most drama-queen-like to you ?
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

The Juke, for sure.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I don't like it, looks like a toy
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          The Juke, for sure.
          Well ? What are you waiting for ?
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I really like the Leaf, but I suppose it's completely unsuitable.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That Juke is utterly hideous.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

The Juke isn't winning me over on its looks. I can tolerate them.

I'm more interested in its awesome mileage (27mpg city, 32mpg highway), turbocharged engine, torque-vectoring AWD, standard tech geek features (bluetooth, iPod USB, several LCD screens including one that lets you tune engine settings), and price.

Comment

Awesome mileage?! LOL
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

For an AWD SUV? Hell yes.

If you had to drive in a couple feet of unplowed snow & ice 8 months of the year, your vehicle choice may just change.

Comment

I'd move somewhere hospitable.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        I really like the Leaf, but I suppose it's completely unsuitable.
                        To say the least.

Plus that's a lynchable offense in Alberta.

Comment

Buying an SUV there is perfectly reasonable. Buying one to drive the kids to school in Reading, not acceptable.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

I really wish I could ban Europeans from this poll. Really, do you guys even see what you drive? It's embarrassing.

Comment

You are seriously considering a car modeled on a radioactively mutated four eyed frog.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X