Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy a Browning model 1911 automatic pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's going to shoot you with his new pistol now...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I didn't think the 1911 had that kind of range.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        Make sure to get one of the Nazi ones.
        Aren't you getting confused with Lugers?

And for those smart-arses out there, no I'm not referencing a winter olympics sport.
        "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

No, the wiki article mentioned a captured plant that manufactured 1911s. Apparently the Nazis had a few hundred made.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
            No, the wiki article mentioned a captured plant that manufactured 1911s. Apparently the Nazis had a few hundred made.
            I have one thats converted to shoot 9.mm luger. I have never had it apprased.

Before World War II, a small number of Colts were produced under license at the Norwegian weapon factory Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk (these Colts were known as "Kongsberg Colt"). During the German occupation of Norway the production continued. These pistols are highly regarded by modern collectors, with the 920 examples stamped with Nazi Waffenamt codes being the most sought after.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              For no other reason then because I want one. The question is should I buy one with a muzzle brake on it or not? I'm inclined to say, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol
              Did you buy it yet?

Comment

I've gone to a couple of different gun shops and someone told me to buy it at a gun show as they have cheaper prices there. Should I really wait for a gun show or just bite the bullet?
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's like any other purchase, if you can wait, wait.

The question is, what would make you not want to wait?

Comment

A really good sale price?

Comment

That'll work.

Comment

I've been looking at a couple different brands as it seems there are dozen companies making M1911s these days. Do you have any suggestions about which one to go with? There are a lot of choices out there.

Comment

Sorry, no. I was turned off by the premium every "1911" seemed to have for being a "1911", so I went for a more generic .45 instead (the Ruger P90).

edit: 1911 - P90 comparison
                          Last edited by The Mad Monk; September 16, 2011, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                            I've been looking at a couple different brands as it seems there are dozen companies making M1911s these days. Do you have any suggestions about which one to go with? There are a lot of choices out there.
                            find a shooting range that rents, try it before you buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                              Sorry, no. I was turned off by the premium every "1911" seemed to have for being a "1911", so I went for a more generic .45 instead (the Ruger P90).

edit: 1911 - P90 comparison
                              Not bad choice.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It looks like some folks in the military want to bring back the M1911. It seems the 9mm just doesn't cut it.

Daily updates of everything that you need know about what is going on in the military community and abroad including military gear and equipment, breaking news, international news and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X