Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy a Browning model 1911 automatic pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    There are not many machines which retain their relevance for 100 years in the modern era. The model 1911 is one of them.
    Several of Browning's designs persist to this day, which I find quite amazing.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Several of Browning's designs persist to this day, which I find quite amazing.
      The Browning M2 0.50 Cal machine gun is still in daily service with the US Army to this very day. It entered service in 1933 and the Army still hasn't found a large caliber machine gun which works better.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        FMJ 9mm might not have the stopping power to drop a man in one hit, but with expanding ammunition the 9mm is a deadly caliber. I'd go with a 9mm if I were looking for a pistol (or a .357 mag wheel gun), but the 1911 is definitely a classic.

Go with the muzzle brake. Anything to make that big ass bullet more manageable is a good thing.
        Actually, the 9 mm has too fast of a trajectory. You'll kill someone, but they may lay there talking trash at you while they die.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          The Browning M2 0.50 Cal machine gun is still in daily service with the US Army to this very day.
          Same here and I HATE that ****ing thingy One thing is that it's heavy in itself, but with extra barrel and ammo it's a pain in the ass to carry around.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's a crew-served weapon...you don't lug it around by yourself....

Hang on, BC, were you in the army?
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Obviously.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The M2HB is usually a single man vehicle mounted heavy machine gun in practical purpose. I saw many used in Iraq and Yugoslavia.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  FMJ 9mm might not have the stopping power to drop a man in one hit, but with expanding ammunition the 9mm is a deadly caliber. I'd go with a 9mm if I were looking for a pistol (or a .357 mag wheel gun), but the 1911 is definitely a classic.

Go with the muzzle brake. Anything to make that big ass bullet more manageable is a good thing.
                  .357 has a hell of a punch, but it also has a hell of a kick. My GP100 (a nice heavy large frame 6") barely kicks with .38 special ammo, but wil jump up over a foot using .357 ammo. I wouldn't want to use it with that round in any situation where I had to fire more than one shot.

Tenderizes my hand in short order, too.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Why not ? It's only 80 kg plus ammo. Though, I must admit that the recoil are a bit annoying when on auto.

I was "lucky" to get drafted and served at a howitzer battery for nine month. We had those babies for near defence mounted on a tripod or in a AA mount. They were of course put on the truck for transport, but we of course also had infantry training and there we had to carry them spread over 3-4 men.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      .357 has a hell of a punch, but it also has a hell of a kick. My GP100 (a nice heavy large frame 6") barely kicks with .38 special ammo, but wil jump up over a foot using .357 ammo. I wouldn't want to use it with that round in any situation where I had to fire more than one shot.

Tenderizes my hand in short order, too.
                      .357 is a hard round to handle, and you're right that .38 special is a lot easier. I can't hit the broad side of a barn firing magnums out of my friend's SP-101. The sweet thing about the revolver is that you can use the lower powered ammo if you're not comfortable with the magnum. The revolver gives you room to grow, so that if you want more punch you can use the magnum, or the .38 special for more control. If you get a 1911, you're stuck with the .45 ACP.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The title should read semi-automatic.
                        Some terms that have been, or still are, used as synonyms for semi-automatic pistol are automatic pistol (technically incorrect, an automatic firearm fires continuously as long as the trigger is pressed),
                        BS!

used to differentiate (semi-automatic) pistols from revolvers.

Some stupid **** knows nothing about weapons.
                        Last edited by Docfeelgood; September 3, 2011, 23:05.

Comment

muzzel flash will blind you in the dark after the first shot.

Comment

I always had the most goddamn fun shooting the .50 on my ship.
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                              BS!

used to differentiate (semi-automatic) pistols from revolvers.

Some stupid **** knows nothing about weapons.
                              If you're going to quote two different people then at least quote the second person's name or else they might think I wrote it when it was someone else.

Comment

If you're going to quote two different people then at least quote the second person's name or else they might think I wrote it when it was someone else.
                                Sorry, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X