Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private sector or public sector: Which is more efficient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know what administration is unnecessary and what isn't better than the insurance companies?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      Those stats are measured very, very differently from country to country. Some argue this is due to the right-to-life movement, others due to simple cultural quirks. But a child born at, say, 23 weeks gestation in America, who (inevitably) dies a couple days later, is considered an infant mortality; while the same child in another nation may be considered a spontaneous abortion (and likely never would have been resuscitated in the first place).
      Really, the US collects statistics different from all of Western Europe too, for instance? Those are UN figures. I don't know for sure that they're standardized but chance are they are. If you think differently I'd like a link not just a throw away "lies, damn lies and statistics" statement.

I was semi-trolling, yes, but the likelihood is your country just doesn't work right. Not my personal problem, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        How do you know what administration is unnecessary and what isn't better than the insurance companies?
        Admin is of course nessecary, but alone the fact that insurance companies use personel to decide if a claim is valid or not is a waste.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
          Admin is of course nessecary, but alone the fact that insurance companies use personel to decide if a claim is valid or not is a waste.

So you're saying they'd be more efficient if they allowed fraud?

Comment

HC, you are kind of cute when you try to participate in grown up discussions
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              3% sounds pretty ridiculous, but rest that for now. If the OP is right and more than half of time is used to handle insurance issues, then the remaining 7% are probably covered - even more.

Wasting time on unnessecary admin is always a deadweight.

It doesn't make any sense comparing health care with ordinary industries.
              You are begging the question; is the administration "unnecessary" or does it enhance efficiency by cutting down on medically unjustified and fraudulent expenses?
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You may be interested to know fraud is far less of a concern in Canada for basic health care. Care to guess why?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• It could be argued, for instance, that in a monopsonistic system some of this is delegated upward to commissions that write standards for treatments to be provided. Perhaps these bodies use less individualized scrutiny (for each case) and therefore end up with less efficient rules governing what treatment is administered.

When somebody claims that administration and profit are deadweight losses, I reach for my gun...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    You may be interested to know fraud is far less of a concern in Canada for basic health care
                    Based solely on your opinion, I suppose...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      You are begging the question; is the administration "unnecessary" or does it enhance efficiency by cutting down on medically unjustified and fraudulent expenses?
                      No doubt, You can't avoid admin, it's like taxes. Point is that private insurance needs admin to avoid fraud.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It could be argued, for instance, that in a monopsonistic system some of this is delegated upward to commissions that write standards for treatments to be provided. Perhaps these bodies use less individualized scrutiny (for each case) and therefore end up with less efficient rules governing what treatment is administered.

When somebody claims that administration and profit are deadweight losses, I reach for my gun...
                        Can't have guns in your librul town

Comment

Please do that - yo'll probably be shot down

I really don't care if some private company are destroying their business through bad admin, fine with me, thats just another stupid company.

Health care isn't a question of companies doing good or not - it's a qeustion of how a country performs. US is wasting wast amounts of money on health care through it's stupid insurance method.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So now we need doctors to tell us that eating **** foods and not exercising predisposes us to disease? Seriously?
                            I suggest going to MySpace and searching for "BBW". This will clear up any remaining confusion you have in this regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              GAH. This is what happens when I try to get off caffeine.
                              Dear god, why would you try that?

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              You're a moron.
                              QFT

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                                Dear god, why would you try that?
                                For my health?
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X