Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a job that will do until I get something better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A firm owns a factory. It charges rent to workers who use the factory to make widgets and sell on the open market. The workers unionize, forcing the firm to accept a lower rent. Netted out financially, the result is that the firm actually ends up with a liability (the promise to pay future pensions) bound to its asset, the factory. If that liability unexpectedly grows (due to unexpected improvements in mortality, for instance) then the only result is that the union can't push the rent as far below the market rate (since it can't push the rent below the rate at which the firm will abandon the factory to jettison the liability). In the worst case, the workers end up paying the market rate for the rent - any higher and they would just move to a new factory.

Now, if you are assuming that the factory workers are deceived into thinking they will receive benefits that, in fact, they will not, that may happen sometimes. Based on my (limited) observations, though, pension plan death typically happens in slow motion, and the plan will be closed and/or frozen long before it is forced to make benefit cuts. Thus even if younger workers are deceived, it will only be for a limited time and any losses would be small.

Comment

Go work in a popular bar or upscale restaurant. I know people who make the minimum wage as servers for 30 hours per week, but rake in $200+ per shift in tips. If you really are fun, MrFun, people will tip you well! I know many people who paid their way through University or College, then, after a few years in their chosen field, went back to the hospitality industry, where they had very few responsibilities, had fun and made good coin.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Sava, if you can crack WPA2, I'm impressed. Cracking WEP is easy. Cracking some kinds of packets in WPA is hypothetically possible. I don't think even the NSA can crack WPA2. Especially if the network is using 802.11x.

Also, the usual way in which the police figure out who stole your credit card info is by looking at where they stuff he bought got shipped to. Not to mention you can only buy a few things before the card gets canceled.
        uhm, i can do it with a mini-itx rig attached to a cheap ass four rotor remote heli... wired with an arduino and GPS to fly around the city if i want to get all fancy... put some solar cells from some cheap outdoor lights, the thing could fly to a roof top, land, sniff, crack, and do whatever i want... put dicks on your wallpaper. reinstall homebrew copies of WINBLOWS that have all sorts of lovely services that don't come up in the GUI unless you know my key combos

omigosh........... unless you know how to make your own device that independently monitors net traffic and resOURCE usage, you won't see ET phoning home HAR HAR

my sisters hubby does coding for... err.. something... best to not even name the industry (small world)

don't believe marketing hype... there is junk in that trunk! open it and make your own, code your own... or else you are a chump

homeland security are keystone cops. they interviewed me once because they googled (YES GOOGLED) my last name and the first two letter of my first name as part of an investigation into some Russian turd. They come to my house with 3 guys, vests, one guy with an mp5k in his coat, and ask me questions about some grainy ATM picture of a woman i don't know and ask "DO YOU KNOW ANYONE NAMED SVETLANA"

"yeah dude, I'm serbian, I know about 50... a few of which can suck start a leaf blower... OH, YOU MEAN DO I KNOW ANY RUSSIAN MOBSTER HOES NAMED SVETLANA? no, i'm american you stupid idiot"

The NSA? Either they are reading this RIGHT NOW or they couldn't crack an egg.

but WPA2? well, if you don't want it found, don't plug it in

if it is plugged in, i can find it, piss in it, dip my balls in it, leave my stank alllll up in it MMMMMM

do you ever watch the hex in motion? IT SPEAKS. i prefer 4byte hex. it's like watching static on TV. only instead of the universe, its the computer talking to ME!

Float pisses me off. But larger values require I must delve in.

We weren't meant to think in base 10. We think of numbers ALLL WRONG

Math is our language. Not universal. Not from God.

Humans made it.

We remember we counted one. So we can get to two. That's the foundation of everything!

I understand a person did this. So I can defeat anything a person does. God is tougher. But he's still a n00b. I mean, DUCK BILLED PLATYPUS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

People are just giant children. Of course I win.

WIN WIN WIN

Just don't let them know it's me.

Misdirect!
        Lie!
        Smart, so I'm crazy. But act more crazy and I must be incompetent! because, clearly, I must fall within the accepted social parameters in order to accomplish such things!

It is win win!

Unless I show up with a bloody head... well, then they might suspect.

But I'm not violent. Just silly.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Comment

The Homeland Security part is true. I saw a youtube video about WPA2 hacking. Don't know if it's true.

I felt like channeling something... Pekka-ish?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think you were channeling Charlie Sheen reading timecube.com there Sava, especially towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                85 posts on a MrFun job thread and nobody used the word "fluffer" yet?

MrFun, congrats.
                I'd come here for that very purpose...but alas, I never got the chance
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  I worked at Super Target for almost three years at one time - NOT Wal-Mart.
                  No, it was DinoDoc that worked at Wal-Mart. At least you didn't sink so low as him...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The saying in hebrew goes "Every labor gives respect to it's holder".
                    Having any job is better than having no job at all. It keeps your psyche in line for the next job that will come. I had a period of 3 months without a job some 2 years ago, and I thought I was near losing it. 2 year later, I am a manager, working internationally closing million dollar deals ( at times). Keep your chin up!
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      No, it was DinoDoc that worked at Wal-Mart. At least you didn't sink so low as him...
                      What a dork.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                        85 posts on a MrFun job thread and nobody used the word "fluffer" yet?
                        Yes - what a shame.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• And I see the hours are going to leave your days free for posting here.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• I love you, Solomwi.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I know.
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                I think you were channeling Charlie Sheen reading timecube.com there Sava, especially towards the end.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X