Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a job that will do until I get something better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a job that will do until I get something better.

Given that I have a Masters Degree in US History (LOLZ another worthless liberal artz major), take a guess at which job I got hired for today.

You can only pick from the poll.
    fast food restaurant employee
    8.33%
    garbage collector
    5.56%
    janitor
    8.33%
    retail cashier
    52.78%
    pimp
    13.89%
    banana vendor
    11.11%
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Dunno, but good luck with it until you you find something better.

Comment

Not fast food because you could have been gotten a job there.

Garbage collector... doubt it. That's a pretty well-paid union job.

Janitor? A gay janitor? Nah.

I'll go with retail cashier. While it does make the most sense, don't you have social problems that would make you not want to do such a job? But I'm guessing from your Wal-Mart experience, you'd get such a job.

Retail cashier.

And is 'banana vendor' a gay term?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

MrFun, why can't you be like a barista at Starbucks or work at Cosi or Au Bon Pan or some other boutique-style food establishment? Bust your ass and move up to supervisor/manager, assistant manager, general manager, etc.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Not fast food because you could have been gotten a job there.
          Duh. Are you saying that MrFun couldn't get such a job because he could get such a job. So I guess you are saying that he did get a job that he couldn't get. Umh, what I just wrote doesn't make any sense to me either.

BTW A banana vendor is somebody who sells bananas. All polls must have a banana option.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
            Duh. Are you saying that MrFun couldn't get such a job because he could get such a job. So I guess you are saying that he did get a job that he couldn't get. Umh, what I just wrote doesn't make any sense to me either.

BTW A banana vendor is somebody who sells bananas. All polls must have a banana option.
            I meant if he was willing to work such a job, he would have had it months ago. Granted, maybe desperation could have taken its toll and he re-appraised his 'standards' but I don't think that's what happened.

Comment

I'm going to go with "welfare recipient".
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Retail cashier at the FABULOUS GAP.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My guess... Janitor at a museum dedicated to Abraham Lincoln. (It's like "Good Will Hunting" but with AL instead of math.)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    Retail cashier at the FABULOUS GAP.
                    Nicely done... retail cashier AND banana vendor

Comment

Congratulations, mrfun.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        could have been gotten a job there.
                        this is why you can't get any stank on your hanglow.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Oh yes, congrats btw!
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Not saying which crappy job I got, until more people guess.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

****it. A job is a job. So long as it pays your rent who ****ing cares what it is?

(my vote on the poll: none of the above.

You got a job as Wiggy's *****. )
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X