Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    Egg and pepper sandwich from Defonte's of Brooklyn
    I made an egg, cheese, and pepper sandwich at home this morning but don't know how it compares to Defonte's.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Venison gumbo over rice, and blueberry yogurt.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Did you hunt the deer?

Comment

• My father did.

Comment

• apple pie is always a good choice - never the one from Mc's

when your in the Sacramento area, you must go to Rick's Dessert Diner
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              My father did.
              It's very hard to get the tags around here. You pay something like a grand to enter the lotto and maybe you get a tag and maybe you don't. Assuming you get a tag it's only good in one county in the state and no you don't get to pick the county. That means someone in the far south of the state might get a tag for the area up by the Oregon border and someone from up there might get a tag for way down here but you can't trade because that would invalidate both tags. It's stupid.

You can go hunting on one of those hunting ranches without a tag (because it's privately owned) but good luck finding one for less then $15,000 for a one day hunt.

Comment

• Just goes to show that Californians can't get anything right.

Comment

• I know Kansas and Missouri are both cheap for residents, but pricey for out-of-staters. My father usually takes two deer while hunting in Kansas, and gets 3-4 deer worth of meat from friends in Missouri. He could take more in Kansas but he only hunts black powder, not shotgun, rifle, or bow.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Just goes to show that Californians can't get anything right.
                    They just have a lot of people who are anti-hunting so things get really over regulated. You can still get bird permits pretty cheaply and easily though.

Comment

• •Resident Firearm Either-species/Either-sex Firearms Deer permit (white-tailed or mule deer buck, doe or fawn) $37.50 for general residents; $22.50 for landowner/tenant/manager; $22.50 for youth 15 and younger. Firearms Either-species/Either-sex Firearms Deer Permits are valid either in the east unit (3, 4, 5, 7, 16) or the west unit (1, 2, 17, 18) during the regular firearms season using any legal equipment.
                      •Preference Point -- $6.50. A resident hunter who does not want to hunt in the current year season can purchase a preference point that will count toward a firearm either species, either sex deer permit in a future drawing.
                      For purchase over-the-counter or online:

•Resident Any-Season White-tailed Deer permit (white-tailed deer buck, doe or fawn) – $32.50 for general residents; $17.50 for landowner/tenants; $17.50 for youth 15 and younger. Resident Any-season White-tailed Deer permits are valid statewide in any season, provided legal equipment is used for that season. Available July 30 - Dec. 30
                      •Resident Archery Either-species/Either-sex Deer permit (white-tailed or mule deer buck, doe or fawn) – $32.50 for general residents; $17.50 for landowner/tenants; $17.50 for youth 15 and younger. Resident Archery Either-species/Either-sex Deer permits are valid statewide with archery equipment only during archery season. Available July 30 - Dec. 30
                      •Resident Muzzleloader Either-species/Either-sex Deer permit (white-tailed or mule deer buck, doe or fawn) – $32.50 for general residents; $17.50 for landowner/tenants; $17.50 for youth 15 and younger. Resident Muzzleloader Either-species/Either-sex Deer permits are valid either in the east unit (3, 4, 5, 7, 16) or the west unit (1, 2, 17, 18) during the early muzzleloader season and the regular firearm season using muzzleloading equipment only. Available July 30 - Dec. 30
                      •Hunt-Own-Land Deer Permit — $17.50 resident landowner, $17.50 all tenants. Available to individuals who qualify as residents landowners, including family members living with the landowner or tenant. Permit valid for any white-tailed or mule deer only on land owned or operated by landowner or tenant during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearm seasons using equipment legal for that season. Available July 30 - Dec. 30
                      •Nonresident White-tailed Deer permit (white-tailed deer buck, doe or fawn) – $322.50. Hunter applies in one unit and selects one adjacent unit in which to also hunt, as well as the season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or firearm) at the time of application. Group Hunt: The group hunt application is to accommodate those who do not want to hunt unless their hunting partners draw also. Applicants (up to 5) must apply for the same unit and the same weapon choice. You must have group leader's KDWP Customer ID Number to join the group. Muzzleloader permit holders may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearm season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the draw, hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for next year’s draw. If successful in the draw, you will also need to purchase a nonresident hunting license.
                      •Mule Deer Stamp – $102.50. A nonresident must apply for the Mule Deer Stamp during the April application period. A nonresident who successfully draws an archery or muzzleloader White-tailed Deer Permit among units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17, or 18 and has applied for the Mule Deer Stamp will be entered into a draw for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps. If drawn, the applicant’s White-tailed Deer Archery or Muzzleloader Permit converts to an Either-species/Either-sex Archery or Muzzleloader Permit. Preference points do not count toward this Mule Deer Stamp draw. If unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp Draw, hunter will receive a $101 refund and be issued the White-tailed Deer Archery or Muzzleloader Draw Permit.
                      •Preference Point -- $22.50. A nonresident hunter who doesn’t want to hunt in the current season can purchase a preference point that will count toward a white-tailed deer permit in a future drawing.
                      For purchase over-the-counter and online:

•Nonresident Hunt-Own-Land Deer Permit (available over the counter and online) $77.50 – Available to nonresident individuals who qualify as Kansas landowners. Permit valid for any white-tailed or mule deer only on land owned or operated by the nonresident landowner, during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearm seasons using equipment legal for that season. Available July 30 - Dec. 30
                      •Special Hunt-Own-Land Relative Deer Permit (available over the counter and online) $32.50 – Available to individuals who qualify as lineal ascendants or descendants or siblings of resident landowners or all tenants, and spouses of a qualifying landowner. Permit valid for any white-tailed or mule deer only on land owned or operated by landowner or tenant during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearm seasons using equipment legal for that season. Lineal relatives include direct ascendants or descendants such as a grandfather, mother, son, or granddaughter. Cousins, uncles, or nieces are NOT lineal family members. You would also need to purchase an annual hunting license. Available July 30 - Dec. 30
                      Hunter must first have a nonresident deer permit that allows the taking of an antlered deer, unless purchased after Dec. 30:

•Nonresident Antlerless White-tailed Deer permit (any white-tailed deer without a visible antler) – $52.50 for nonresidents. First Antlerless White-tailed Deer permit purchased will be valid statewide, including all KDWP-managed public hunting areas. Second Nonresident Antlerless White-tailed Deer permit shall be valid in units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10A, 11, 12, 13 ,14, 15, 16 and 19 on lands not managed by KDWP, except Cedar Bluff Wildlife Area. As many as three additional Nonresident Antlerless White-tailed Deer permits shall be valid in subunit 10A and units 7, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 19 on lands not managed by KDWP. All whitetail antlerless permits are valid during any season, provided legal equipment for that season is used. Permits may be purchased over-the-counter or online June 15 – Jan 30.
                      •Nonresident Antlerless Either-species Deer permit (any white-tailed or mule deer without a visible antler protruding from the skull) $52.50 for nonresidents. An Antlerless Either-species Deer permit is valid for (1) any antlerless white-tailed or mule deer during muzzleloader, archery, and firearms seasons using equipment legal during those seasons. An Antlerless either species deer permit is valid only in the unit specified on the permit. LIMITED QUOTA permits available in units 1,2,3,4,5,17 or 18 will be available online June 15th and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.

Comment

• I've never gone deer hunting but I've heard white tail deer meat tastes better than mule deer meat.

Comment

• I've never had mule deer, so I couldn't say. It is better than elk.

Comment

• Out here its all mule deer with just a few white tail way up by the Oregon border. We do have some elk though in some of the more remote parts of Southern California.

Comment

• Two mixed grain rolls (sesame, poppy seed, pumpkin seed, sunflower) tooped with oatflakes and lavishly spread with lemon curd. Like eating citrus sunshine... and a cup of Turkish coffee and some Greek yoghurt with walnuts and a spoonful of honey.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Yep, let's get back to that.

Yellow corn tortilla chips and hummus, some of the tuna and brown rice...um...cassarole that I made for lunch, coffee. Maybe blueberry yogurt in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X