The End of News Of The World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    What odds can you get on James Murdoch facing criminal charges over this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14077405

The former editor has been arrested.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

that is some serious ageing going on there from 2003 to 2011..

an image of her this year... below
      During a meeting with despondent staff which lasted almost two hours, the News International chief executive (pictured) made a thinly-veiled reference to as yet undisclosed 'revelations'.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The main journalist who broke Watergate back in the 70's is now commenting to the BBC about "Rupertgate".

The criticism of Rupert Murdoch in the wake of the UK's phone-hacking scandal has spread to the US, according to one of the journalists who broke the Watergate scandal.

Comment

Watergate journalist? Main journalist who broke Watergate? You'd think Bob Woodward was more famous than that that they (and you) could use his name
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm going to suggest that the reason why the Murdochs are standing by Brooks, against all reason, is that they're terrified she'll testify that James Murdoch knew what was going on.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Supposedly it's been going on for five years and senior management was even directing reporters to hack stuff to get information to print. That's so long a time period everyone just had to know what was going on especially the very top. BTW the ex-editor just made bail: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14077405

Comment

"Thankyou and Goodbye" - how pathetic. And reportedly they had an Orwell quote on the back of their last issue? I hope it was from 1984.
                Blah

Comment

Rupert doesn't want this little scandal to set back his plans to dominate the telemedia in all of the English speaking world.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                    I'm going to suggest that the reason why the Murdochs are standing by Brooks, against all reason, is that they're terrified she'll testify that James Murdoch knew what was going on.
                    That's what I was wondering.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Murdochs coming to Great Britain to throw her off the roof of the House of Commons:

D-A-A-a-a-d-d-d-d-y-y-y-y!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                        Murdochs coming to Great Britain to throw her off the roof of the House of Commons:

D-A-A-a-a-d-d-d-d-y-y-y-y!
                        House of Cards

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                          "Thankyou and Goodbye" - how pathetic. And reportedly they had an Orwell quote on the back of their last issue? I hope it was from 1984.
                          The quote was taken from the essay Decline of the English Murder:

‘It is a Sunday afternoon, preferably before the war. The wife is already asleep in the armchair and the children have been sent out for a nice long walk. You put your feet up on the sofa, settle your spectacles on your nose and open the News of the World.’

Comment

House of Cards
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown is "shocked" by allegations the Sunday Times, owned by News of the World proprietor News International, targeted his personal information.

It looks like killing the News of the World didn't have the effect Murdock was hoping for. The scandal has now spread to a second Murdock publication, The Sunday Times. Oppsies.

Comment

News International as well.

Triple oopsies, he forgot about shareholders of the paper he just tanked.

Yeah, uh, News of the World may now be worth the value of its real estate, but the Murdochs own an entire empire for the lawyers of the shareholders to plunder.

Comment

Working...
                                X