No announcement yet.

A day in the life of Fox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh good, now we're there. So I don't have to bother anymore.

However, in the meantime, you can go back through those 90 posts and notice how inconsistent your posts have been as you've reached for straws to support your failing argument. And I dismissed your links so well that it left you nearly speechless. I didn't bother with the NYTimes, because I had too much fun earlier laughing at the thought of you posting it here.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• And I dismissed your links so well that it left you nearly speechless.

Comment

• Another classic Drake debate. You just follow a script, don't you?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Anyway, this is the last I'll say on it. Drake, your posts in this thread, whether you can see it or not, can simply be summed up as: "X is bad, just cause." That's what I've been trying to point out to you since my first post here. The rest are your Drakisms: insults to avoid the topic.
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I don't think I'm the one dragging this "debate" down.

Drake, your posts in this thread, whether you can see it or not, can simply be summed up as: "X is bad, just cause."

My first two posts mentioned high-speed rail being a "waste of money" and questioned the "future profitability" of US high-speed rail corridors outside of the Northeast. It was clear up front what my metric for success was.

Comment

• Yup, you can't see it. It's like Cartman. "stupid waste of money," "Unprofitable failure," "Unprofitable failure." And a bunch of "You're wrong because I say so and that makes you stupid." There's no substance there. No metrics. Just your opinions. Even the Northeast is "I deem this one ok, just cause." If you backed them up with some facts, maybe people would take them seriously. The actual analysis articles posted here, you ignored in favor of a bunch of opinion pieces with tenuous connection to the topic. There's no indication that you actually understand the topic beyond parroting a few blogs about them. It's DD quality posting, but with added smug.
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• So, to you, "high-speed rail is generally a waste of money because very few high-speed rail corridors are potentially profitable" equals "X is bad, just cause"...

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                You're such a terrible poster...

Comment

• Yes, tautology pretty much falls into that category here.

Anyway, thought I saw a glimmer of reason in your last post. That was my fault.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• The actual analysis articles posted here, you ignored in favor of a bunch of opinion pieces with tenuous connection to the topic.

BTW, here's the first line of the first Economist post I linked to...

OF ALL the high-speed train services around the world, only one really makes economic sense—the 550km (340-mile) Shinkansen route that connects the 35m people in greater Tokyo to the 20m residents of the Kansai cluster of cities comprising Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and Nara.

Seems pretty relevant.

Comment

• You just don't get it.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Of course I don't. You're ****ing delusional.

Comment

• And the circle continues.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• The arguments I hear from high-speed rail skeptics are generally more persuasive than those from the other side, and as far as the US goes it seems patently obvious that outside the NE seaboard and (possibly) SF-SD there is nothing economically sensible to be done. For those two regions, and for anything in China, I remain ignorant enough that I withhold judgment.

One question I have is why, even in the NE, there has never been even a whisper about private projects financing the railroad. Is the problem simply one of eminent domain, or are there deeper issues which render high-speed rail inferior to car + air?
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Speaking of gov't investment in infrastructure, one of the dumbest quotes I've seen recently is the Rachel Maddow ad that claims private enterprise can't build bridges. What a useless, fluffy-headed imbecile.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Why don't you feel that they can be economically feasible? Too high construction and maintenance costs?
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X