Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is with all the manjaw women in the media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it's also worth remembering that irish people, especially from dublin and the pale have a decent probability of having english blood in them too.

also, what cort said.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

******** gribbler made me move the goalposts like an idiot. I forgot my entire point.

With this whole gribbler nonsense I had forgotten what I was arguing against...

I made this statement:
      I don't. I highly doubt Latinos, Italians, Jews, Eastern Europeans, etc. do [have English ancestry]. Anyone whose family came over here in the 20th century.
      To which Oerdin replied:
      And you'd be wrong. As usual.
      Where you at, Oerdin? Where's your evidence?

20th century immigrants did not intermarry with Anglo-Americans in any significant amounts.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        i think it's also worth remembering that irish people, especially from dublin and the pale have a decent probability of having english blood in them too.
        Ethnic cleansing

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
          Ethnic cleansing
          native americans
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            ******** gribbler made me move the goalposts like an idiot. I forgot my entire point.

With this whole gribbler nonsense I had forgotten what I was arguing against...

I made this statement:

To which Oerdin replied:

Where you at, Oerdin? Where's your evidence?

20th century immigrants did not intermarry with Anglo-Americans in any significant amounts.
            You ****ing ******. You made this statement, minus the part in brackets:
            I don't. I highly doubt Latinos, Italians, Jews, Eastern Europeans, etc. do [have English ancestry]. Anyone whose family came over here in the 20th century.
            after quoting this:
            Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
            I think most Americans, even Blacks, have at least some very diluted English ancestry.
            why would you quote Barnabas if you weren't responding to him? You moved the goalposts, of course, and now are trying to claim that you were saying that a majority of Americans do not have English as their primary ancestry when in fact you disagreed with Barnabas when he said most Americans have some English ancestry.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
              native americans
              also, what happened in the pale is really the reverse of ethnic cleansing. norman and english lords brought settlers to the pale in an attempt to anglacise the area. it didn't work. the settlers (and the nobility after a time as well) were assimilated into irish culture, despite fairly extreme measures taken to prevent this happening. the expression 'more irish than the irish' comes from these anglo-irish people.

Comment

Hey gribbler, you ********. I ****ing said "I highly doubt Latinos, Italians, Jews, etc." in response to Barnabas saying they have diluted English ancestry. Those groups do NOT have English ancestry! AND THAT'S MY ****ING POINT THIS WHOLE ****ING TIME!

OERDIN is the one who came in doubting me. And ALL my subsequent posts were responses to him.

**** YOU ****
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Am I losing it or is gribbler not only an ass but can not comprehend what he's supposedly reading?

Comment

Hey gribbler, you ********. I ****ing said "I highly doubt Latinos, Italians, Jews, etc." in response to Barnabas saying they have diluted English ancestry. Those groups do NOT have English ancestry! AND THAT'S MY ****ING POINT THIS WHOLE ****ING TIME!

OERDIN is the one who came in doubting me. And ALL my subsequent posts were responses to him.

**** YOU ****
                    Reading is critical. Barnabas never claimed "latinos, italians, and jews" have english ancestry. He claimed most Americans have some English ancestry, including blacks. Then after you disagreed with his assertion that a majority of Americans have some english ancestry, Oerdin criticized your stance, which could simply mean he agrees with what Barnabas said. You shouldn't get all pissed off because others don't share your unwarranted assumptions about what Oerdin thinks.

Comment

You fool. Oerdin said I'd be wrong... in response to my statement that people who came over here in the 20th century wouldn't have English ancestry.

Comment

norman and english lords brought settlers to the pale in an attempt to anglacise the area.

That's ethnic cleansing, whether it ultimately succeeded or not. Why can't you ****ers leave Ireland to the Irish?

Comment

You fool. Oerdin said I'd be wrong... in response to my statement that people who came over here in the 20th century wouldn't have English ancestry.
                          I think there's something wrong with your memory. You made two statements in that post. The first was the statement "I don't", implying you disagree with what Barnabas said. The second was some claim about people who identify themselves as jews, italians and latinos that was meant to support your disagreement with barnabas. Oerdin disagreed with your post, which could simply mean that he thinks Barnabas is right and he doesn't buy your argument that a majority of Americans hail from ethnic enclaves. Now you're assuming that Oerdin thinks jews and italians generally have some english ancestry. I guess you want to make a strawman you can beat down easily so you can feel better about yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                            norman and english lords brought settlers to the pale in an attempt to anglacise the area.

That's ethnic cleansing, whether it ultimately succeeded or not. Why can't you ****ers leave Ireland to the Irish?
                            Is he a norman or english lord?

Comment

I don't was in response to ME, as an American, not having English ancestry, ******.

Comment

That's ethnic cleansing, whether it ultimately succeeded or not.
                                no.

if you try to kill a man and fail, it's attempted murder. if you draw your knife, threaten the guy but leave with nothing, it's an attempted robbery etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X