Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

WELL WHAT THE ****?! I've applied to jobs and they didn't hire me! What kind of crazy Catch-22 is this where I need a good post-graduation job to get a good post-graduation job?!
    Its stereotypical catch 22 situation. Many people find themselves in this situation until they catch a break-- or make a break even if they have to move to get a career enhancing job
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Albie just wants to work a job that pays a lot of money for little work so he can join the marines this summer and get killed in Afghanistan the next. It's a very well thought out plan.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

In all honesty I would try to help albie if I wasn't sure that he was planning to quit whatever job he finds in order to try (and fail) to join the army again in 4 months...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
          In all honesty I would try to help albie if I wasn't sure that he was planning to quit whatever job he finds in order to try (and fail) to join the army again in 4 months...

I knew down deep you were a nice guy even if it's the thought that counts

Comment

what's this? kindness in the off-topic forum? from KH? with a positive note from DFG?

is this some kind of meta-trolling?

Comment

I think Alby should be a chambermaid in NYC.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have a excuse. I am overcome with carbon monoxide overdose at a coal-worshiping meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  I think Alby should be a chambermaid in NYC.
                  regular work hours and structure, sounds like something he might like!

just so you know albie, "locked in the bathroom, noone can hear you scream"

Comment

I hope you don't need to know how to swim in order to be a bank teller, since you've been applying for these positions.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                      "locked in the bathroom, noone can hear you scream" - kuciwalker
                      you really need to attribute quotes
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

You're overqualified to be a bank teller. Also, utilize LinkedIn, it's more powerful than all the job websites. Recruiters always look first on LinkedIn before going to things like careerbuilder or something. Also, giving up on getting into the Marines and facing reality would help too.

On a side note, there's a never ending supply of jobs for Java and .Net programmers. You could always do what I did and grab a degree in IT in 6 months and then focus on programming.

Comment

Isnt being a bank teller a cushy middle class job? I think you have to be at least an accountant to get a job like that.
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

But if you are going to the marines in a few months there is no point in getting an all right job, just do whatever you need to survive these last months
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                              Isnt being a bank teller a cushy middle class job? I think you have to be at least an accountant to get a job like that.
                              No.

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                              But if you are going to the marines in a few months there is no point in getting an all right job, just do whatever you need to survive these last months
                              He has been trying to get into the marines for 2 years now. He needs to get a real job and give up his ridiculous plans...
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why join the marines if you hate long hours? Being deployed in Afghanistan sounds like a full time thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X