Trucks Trucks Trucks . .. . or my neck is finally red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    I have a Dodge, a lot of problems, don't get one.
    My Quad cab is good but cuts into your bed size.
    My dad had a dakota for years and I never liked it much when he had it (although he liked it fine)

I am seeing that there is trade-off between cab size and the size if the bed and have already decided to go for the larger cab size-- I want to be able to comfortably transport 4 adults to the ski hill-- I have already checked and even a 5.5 foot bed is enough to contain my skis (angled across) but I may get a roof-top ski carrier anyway
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

snap, crackel, boom! pine?

I found out the hard way about using pine in the campfire

Comment

Mitsubishi L200.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
          My dad had a dakota for years and I never liked it much when he had it (although he liked it fine)

I am seeing that there is trade-off between cab size and the size if the bed and have already decided to go for the larger cab size-- I want to be able to comfortably transport 4 adults to the ski hill-- I have already checked and even a 5.5 foot bed is enough to contain my skis (angled across) but I may get a roof-top ski carrier anyway
          sounds the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
            yes Tundra, Titan ( like the name) Silverado etc etc-- Better for carting stuff to the rec property or grabbing a load of deadfall and bringing up for our firepit etc etc

I'm sure a city guy just wouldn't understand
            A friend of mine recently got a Toyota Tundra with a double cab, v8 engine, off-road kit. Mileage is crap, the truck is pretty sweet though. The center console between the front seats is about 2/3rds the size of a school desk. Very manly car. Roomy, gas guzzling, and can haul a 2 ton trailer or so. Trying to parallel park it in a school lot not recommended. This is from experience.

I'm going to pre-empt Alby here and explain why he got it: He ended up getting a full ride scholarship to his school of choice so he used his saved-up cash to buy a car. It's his money, he can ****ing do what he wants with it, now go get a job and stop complaining that people are richer than you. That's your fault.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              A friend of mine recently got a Toyota Tundra with a double cab, v8 engine, off-road kit. Mileage is crap, the truck is pretty sweet though. The center console between the front seats is about 2/3rds the size of a school desk. Very manly car. Roomy, gas guzzling, and can haul a 2 ton trailer or so. Trying to parallel park it in a school lot not recommended. This is from experience.

I'm going to pre-empt Alby here and explain why he got it: He ended up getting a full ride scholarship to his school of choice so he used his saved-up cash to buy a car. It's his money, he can ****ing do what he wants with it, now go get a job and stop complaining that people are richer than you. That's your fault.
              what did he pay?

Comment

Don't remember. I doubt it was more than 50 grand. Probably less than that. I can ask.

I think his parents chipped in a bit because they needed a car with a bigger engine anyway to haul their trailer--their v6 just wasn't cutting it.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Don't remember. I doubt it was more than 50 grand. Probably less than that. I can ask.
                  no bad

Comment

my bad

Comment

I think his parents chipped in a bit because they needed a car with a bigger engine anyway to haul their trailer--their v6 just wasn't cutting it.
                      cool, that was my next question why an eight over a six.

Comment

yea, it kinda hard to choose the cost of gas over towing power

Comment

How the **** does an 18 year old save up 50k?
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm looking at a DODGE Ram 2500 Diesel for use on my property. Probably club cab.

Flubber, you can get a four door cab with a long bed with Dodge -- just not a BIG four door cab with a long bed.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              deadfall? firepit? what the hell is that? Wood and... why are you burning wood? That's got to be illegal.
                              Are you ****ing serious?
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It should be far less than 50

A double cab ranges from an MSRP of 26275 for the 4.0L V6 4X2 to 40Kish for the 5.7 L V8 4x4 in the pimped out edition-- I'm sure its possible to get to 50K but not easy ( all US pricing from Toyota.com)
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X