Trucks Trucks Trucks . .. . or my neck is finally red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trucks Trucks Trucks . .. . or my neck is finally red

Yes -- I have decided to get a truck-- after years of finding cars to be fine I am finding that changing circumstances mean I want or need a truck and am trying to decide which one-- So anyone that has recommendations good or bad, go ahead and contribute. I'll probably ignore all you say and go with Consumer Reports assessments anyway--

Also if you want to interject a rant about consumerism, big trucks and environmental irresponsibility etc etc, that can be a hoot too. (hey threads will go where they will go)

Ok - minimums

Must be able to tow 5000 pounds (seadoo or boat, ATVs etc etc)
    Must be 4WD--
    Must be able to carry 4 adults comfortably ( so a crew max cab and not some dinky extended car or double cabs)
    Truck box must be 60 inches or longer

All brands and models considered but I am leaning toward gasoline over diesel for cost and convenience considerations and I am leaning toward vehicles between 1 and 3 years old to avoid that new vehicle premium.

Would also love to hear from anyone that imported a vehicle into Canada from the US as that is a very real option for me given the strength of the Canadian dollar against the greenback combined with generally lower MSRPs in the US and a still cooler economy than here-- all combined it makes for great deals
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Alberta changes a man.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

no go on dodge

Comment

Pickup trucks?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Pickup trucks?
          yes Tundra, Titan ( like the name) Silverado etc etc-- Better for carting stuff to the rec property or grabbing a load of deadfall and bringing up for our firepit etc etc

I'm sure a city guy just wouldn't understand
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

deadfall? firepit? what the hell is that? Wood and... why are you burning wood? That's got to be illegal.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Alberta changes a man.
                Ya LOL-- cause there were no pickups in rural Newfoundland where I grew up---

In my case its the rec property-- There is no minivan, SUV or car that has the versatility and functionality of a pick-up for the things I know we will be doing over the next couple of years

Comment

deadfall? firepit? what the hell is that? Wood and... why are you burning wood? That's got to be illegal.
                  dead·fall   
                  [ded-fawl]
                  –noun

a mass of brush and fallen trees.

There's ample wood along the banks of the lake fallen from erosion etc etc-- Its easy access right now from the lakebed (lake is down a lot before spring run-off)-- a few hours work and I could colllect enough firewood for months

Illegal?? Only during firebans if the forest fire risk is up. Otherwise a campfire is all good

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                    dead·fall   
                    [ded-fawl]
                    –noun

a mass of brush and fallen trees.

There's ample wood along the banks of the lake fallen from erosion etc etc-- Its easy access right now from the lakebed (lake is down a lot before spring run-off)-- a few hours work and I could colllect enough firewood for months

Illegal?? Only during firebans if the forest fire risk is up. Otherwise a campfire is all good
                    I don't know. You can't burn leaves.

Comment

campfire? Oh you're going camping?

Comment

Dof feelgood

Loved the video clip--

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                          Dof feelgood

Loved the video clip--

Comment

I have a Dodge, a lot of problems, don't get one.
                            My Quad cab is good but cuts into your bed size.

Comment

campfire? Oh you're going camping?
                              Not under canvas-- Our cabin is on a secluded 5 acre parcel and part of the fun is a campfire as the kids roast hot dogs and marshmallows etc etc-- I have enough smaller deadfall on the land for kindling etc but I'll pick up some larger diameter down by the lake for a good long lasting fire

Oh and who said anything about leaves?? Its mainly pine ---

Comment

Working...
                              X