Studies on Women and Attraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    Where did I say I believe in hell or rather a hell that has people in it? But regardless, let me point out that God can't be sick or twisted. Its his universe his rules, there can be no other standards of absolute morality, because he has absolute authority and power over us. I find it admirable in Muslims that they seem to understand this better than many "Christians".
    It doesn't make sense to call a God "good" if it doesn't love its creations.

Comment

Define romantic love.
      Well, obviously it's just a chemical reaction in your brain

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Well, obviously it's just a chemical reaction in your brain
        Agreed.

Or if you disagree tell me how the **** you are a materialist?
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

It doesn't make sense to call a God "good" if it doesn't love its creations.
          Reread the quote, I think God does love his creations.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

No. In a LTR currently.
            and how many of roissy's steps did you use to make her yours and keep her? perhaps you could give some practical examples of how you applied his advice.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Reread the quote, I think God does love his creations.
              Apparently you think God decides to make some people reject him since you don't think he gave people free will? What is the point in that?

Comment

Agreed.

Or if you disagree tell me how the **** you are a materialist?
                When did I claim to be a "materialist"?

Comment

Define romantic love. Better yet give me a usefull definition. Or let me do it for you:

Oxytocin.

The one special snowflake that will make you happy forever and ever is a lie, studies show people can be reasonably happy with 10% of the population. 10%. Go out on the street look at 10 random women, realize you can be happy for decades with one of them.

And even if the rules didn't promote pair bonding... are you really saying people are better off when they don't have a fulfilling sex life? I mean I'd agree that is true under certain circumstances, but its not a very PC thing to say my friend. How are you in a position to pontificate about what women should want?
                  I never said anything about "one special snowflake". The idea of both loving someone and treating them like some kind of robot is absurd.

Comment

When did I claim to be a "materialist"?
                    Sorry I assumed you where an atheist. Religious?

Comment

I never said anything about "one special snowflake". The idea of both loving someone and treating them like some kind of robot is absurd.
                      You are missing the point. You don't treat them like a robot. You become the man she wants. It isn't an act, its self-improvement.

Note: Man she wants = Man who she adores =/= Man she thinks she wants

Comment

Sorry I assumed you where an atheist. Religious?
                        No, I am not religious.

Comment

No, I am not religious.
                          What is your world view if not materialism then? How do you handle epistemology issues? What is your opinion on the limits and applications of the scientific method? Do you think the universe is governed by laws? What is that other *kind* of stuff that exists in the universe besides matter (in the loosest sense)?

Comment

What is your world view if not materialism then? How do you handle epistemology issues? What is your opinion on the limits and applications of the scientific method? Do you think the universe is governed by laws? What is that other *kind* of stuff that exists in the universe besides matter (in the loosest sense)?
                            I don't have any idea how the universe works. However I don't see any compelling reason to think human beings are machines nor do I think science could prove that since if they were machines, they would still be unpredictable.

Comment

You guys are a bunch of freaks. Meeting a girl isn't so hard that it requires over-analyzing details and making reports/studies out of it.

Comment

Other than Heraclitus, who's doing that?

Comment

Working...
                                X