X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies on Women and Attraction

Just perusing some stuff...

U of Virginia study:

"The shocker was that the women who found the men most attractive of all were those who weren’t sure just how much the men liked them."
    U of Texas Austin study:
    http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/Group/BussLAB/pdffiles/mere%20presence.pdf
    Basically, the presence of opposite-sex others enhances a woman's attraction to a man.

U of Oklahoma study:
    http://pdfcast.org/pdf/who-s-chasing-whom-the-impact-of-gender-and-relationship-status-on-mate-poaching

"Single women were more interested in poaching an attached man rather than pursuing a single man... this indicates that single women are more interested in pursuing a man that is less available to them"
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I know that last one is correct. Get married and skanks come out of the woodwork.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Maybe you should spend less time reading academics about how to get women, and focus on meeting some?

Even I have gotten a woman, and I'm a "midget", pale homosexual computer geek. Get with it.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Even I have gotten a woman, and I'm a "midget", pale homosexual computer geek. Get with it.
        She probably wasn't hot, that's what turned into a homosexual, duh.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

it's true, even asher is straighter than albie
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Az View Post
            She probably wasn't hot, that's what turned into a homosexual, duh.
            She was quite attractive.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              She was quite attractive.
              How would you know? Did you go around asking heterosexual men if she was hot?

Comment

weird, so, what turned you off? her clinginess? her moodswings? her vagina?

and I trust Asher's taste in women, because Asher is not a twink fashionista. It just like I can spot a good looking dude, and feel complimented when one hits on me ( and creeped out if an ugly one hits on me).
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az View Post
                  weird, so, what turned you off? her clinginess? her moodswings? her vagina?

and I trust Asher's taste in women, because Asher is not a twink fashionista. It just like I can spot a good looking dude, and feel complimented when one hits on me ( and creeped out if an ugly one hits on me).
                  I was never fully sexually attracted to her. I just wanted to try before I knew for sure if I was gay.

I could recognize her attractiveness for sure, and the other guys seemed to really think so as well.

Comment

Read further down your first article, Alby:

There is a catch: Women in the study were uncertain about whether a man liked them a lot or an average amount — without the possibility that he found her utterly repulsive or ridiculous. In cases where the uncertainty includes a possible negative outcome, women are not pleased by ambiguity.
                    Basically the uncertainty made women intrigued when they knew the man liked them, but wasn't sure how much he liked them.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Read further down your first article, Alby:

Basically the uncertainty made women intrigued when they knew the man liked them, but wasn't sure how much he liked them.

You like women you consider 'average'?
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I can. Depends on other factors.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Definitely.

Love, trust and other factors which are hard to quantify are far more important then looking at easier to compare features like beautiful/wealth/intelligence/skill.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

U of Oklahoma study:
                            http://pdfcast.org/pdf/who-s-chasing-whom-the-impact-of-gender-and-relationship-status-on-mate-poaching
                            Damn, I allready told you women want what they cannot have.

Comment

"The shocker was that the women who found the men most attractive of all were those who weren’t sure just how much the men liked them."
                              "Single women were more interested in poaching an attached man rather than pursuing a single man... this indicates that single women are more interested in pursuing a man that is less available to them"
                              How can anyone but a feminist be surprised by this? Actually on second thought the feminist wouldn't be surprised either she or he would just throw a tantrum and squeal about how outrageous such sexist research is.

Last edited by Heraclitus; April 20, 2011, 16:01.
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                              X