No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But in the books it will probably take half a book to explain vs, a one line comment.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
      When Tyrion was nominating Bran he responded cryptically (so typical) saying he was meant to be there or something to that effect. He was meant to be king?
      Yeah. "Why do you think I came all this way?"

My thinking is... in the books, the three-eyed crow is Brynden Rivers, Bloodraven, a Targaryen bastard from around ~150 years before current events. By this time, all the dragons are dead. He witnesses several brutal rebellions and eventually, when all apparent heirs are dead, sets up a Great Council to determine the next Targ king. He is eventually banished to the Wall and then ranges north and finds the Children of the Forest. He probably learns about the threat of the Others from the CotF, and they concoct a plan to fight the Others, which involves bringing back the dragons, which requires Targaryens.

But at the same time, he (and the Children, who were slowly exterminated by various migrations to Westeros by Andals, Targs, etc.) decides that the inbred madness of the Targaryen dynasty and consequent rebellions is not the way forward for Westeros, and certainly not the way to fight the Others if they come again, so how about get a leader that represents the Children and ensure that future leaders are chosen by the lords of Westeros (in a Great Council, representing the people of Westeros) rather than returning to the Targaryen line.

Enter time travel, warging, and greenseeing to make it all happen.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I finally got around to watching it yesterday. What a sad endibg to a great show. D&D ****ed it up royally.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Latest for George R.R. Martin about Winds of Winter (if you believe it):

Now that Game of Thrones is over for good, the focus is on when George R.R. Martin is finally going to complete his side of the story. Thanks to an airline’s offer to fly Martin out so he can have some peace and quiet to finish The Winds of Winter, he’s jokingly promised a deadline. If he doesn’t meet it, New Zealand…

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
            Wonder if this is along the same ending Martin has in store.
            I hope the old guy can come up with something better. The finale we got on the TV show is much worse than we could expect (taking the previous seasons into consideration).

Comment

• I hope Martin can come up with something more interesting than we saw in the final season.

Comment

• This week's episode was rather short.
                Blah

Comment

• It is almost like it dodn't happen.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                  X