X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      Sore boobs was first sign for my wife.

If you'd tested them that way, the second sign would have been the kicked testicles.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Well my intention wasn't to test them...
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• So anyway, moving on...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• And, we're off...
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• which is worse? having sex with a pregnant women? or a fetus giving head?

Comment

• Well, that escalated quickly.

What the **** was with the crazy lady breast-feeding a seven-year-old?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Crazy lady is crazy, craaaaaaaaaazy.

Best episode so far by a long shot. The writers seem ham handed as **** with exposition but now that that's behind us we can really start digging in on the action. The escalation is just starting

Also, we got more Bronn. Hooray for Bronn! I like him
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• I have a background question that I don't think has been addressed in the show, and I don't think would ruin anything for me to know (but tell me otherwise if I am wrong).

What was Robert's claim to the throne in the rebellion against the Mad King? Why Robert, and not Ned, or Jon, or the eldest Lannister, etc? I assume he was lord of one of the "seven kingdoms"; how did he take precedence ahead of the others?
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• House Baratheon had some dynastic connections to House Targaryen, not much (because of all the incest) but more than anyone else had. But the bigger reason was that Robert was a big blustery charismatic war leader back in the day who was good at rallying people behind his banner. In the books he's a good bit taller and really ****ing strong before he got all fat so he looked like a king. This isn't really covered in the TV show either but Ned was a really really good military leader back in the day who laid a lot of the military plans for the rebellion while Robert was good at leading charges and shouting battlefield orders really really loud.

Also of the rebels, the core of the rebellion was Ned, Robert and Jon Arryn and Jon Arryn was old and didn't have a son and Ned deferred to Robert. The rest of the big lords were either neutral or on the Targaryen side or joined in slightly later (like Catelyn Stark's father) so Robert got it by default that way...
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Now things are getting interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          What the **** was with the crazy lady breast-feeding a seven-year-old?
                          I had wondered if they were going to show that. As Tyrion said, "She was always a bit touched," and she got worse after all the death of her husband.

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          I have a background question that I don't think has been addressed in the show, and I don't think would ruin anything for me to know (but tell me otherwise if I am wrong).

What was Robert's claim to the throne in the rebellion against the Mad King? Why Robert, and not Ned, or Jon, or the eldest Lannister, etc? I assume he was lord of one of the "seven kingdoms"; how did he take precedence ahead of the others?
                          I don't know about any dynastic connections between Houses Targaryen and Baratheon, but Robert was the very image of a warrior-king.

Fifteen years past, when they had ridden forth to win a throne, the Lord of Storm's End had been clean-shaven, clear-eyed, and muscled like a maiden's fantasy. Six and a half feet tall, he towered over lesser men, and when he donned his armor and the great antlered helmet of his house, he became a veritable giant. He'd had a giant's strength too, his weapon of choice a spiked iron warhammer that Ned could scarcely lift. (pp. 39-40)
                          He also slew Prince Rhaegar Targaryen at the Battle of the Trident. This was also personal, as Rhaegar took Lyanna Stark, Robert's beloved fiancée, after King Aerys had Lord Rickard Stark and his eldest son Brandon killed.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• I don't remember Renly and the Knight of Flowers being an item.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I seem to remember it being pretty strongly implied, if not said outright.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• First time I've seen a horse beheaded with a broadsword.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X