No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True, which why I used the word "most".
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Great episode.

That said...

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      Things agreed upon:

1) Plot too slow (due to # of characters)
      2) A dragon killing of a human is needed by the end of season #2 (we agreed a 3 on 1 attack by the dragons would be acceptable due to their still small size)
      3) The pirate dude needs to "**** the blonde Queen"
      4) Joffrey needs to go.

1) The rest of the story lines didn't move forward one single frame.
      2) Still waiting
      3) Looks like it isn't going to happen
      4) He went but I don't think he's dead

Down to one episode left.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• At least one of your concerns should be resolved after the next episode, if things follow the book relatively closely.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think Joffrey is in trouble.

His people hated him before the battle and his cowardice during the battle ("I've gotta go, my mommy's calling me") should remove any vestige of credibility he may have had left.

As he never reappeared under mom's skirts afterward I am left wondering what happened to him...
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Nahahahahahahahahahaha. Great episode. Every single budding character trait came bubbling to the surface in a wall-to-wall blast of action. 10/10 to all concerned because there wasn't a weak second in it.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Yes, by far the best episode of the season, or either season for that matter.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Any episode with boobs is a good episode

I had speculated often about how severe they'd present Tyrions injuries. It doesn't look that bad...

Comment

• So, the Hound and Bronn very nearly threw down. Interesting that GRRM himself wrote this episode. I wonder what would have happened if the bells never rang right then?
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• I'd put my money on Bronn given that he'd stab the Hound before the Hound got his blade out. The Hound is a killer, but a fighter...not especially.

Lets scale things up. Westeros versus Essos, a fight to the finish, who'd win that?

Comment

• Spoiler:
                      One a single battlefield? Essos. Dothraki would carve open the peasant spearmen from Westeros like a dry Christmas turkey, and there are more Dothraki than from all of the seven kingdoms put together...excluding the Reach.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Are the dragons part of westeros or essos?
                        JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                          Any episode with boobs is a good episode
                          What episodes DON'T have exposed boobs?
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Isn't that irrelevant?
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              What episodes DON'T have exposed boobs?
                              Quite a few this season.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think that is actually the worst episode this season. And it's not really that bad, I just don't think it's that great, but it's budget constrained. This deserves a battle on the proportions of the Gladiator opening scene. Just a bit hard to do that anywhere except Mogadishu, and I think the insurance would have been a tad expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X