No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is for all the Ed Sheeran fanboys here....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...ame-of-thrones

edit: also confirms the final season (8) will only have 6 episodes
    Blah

Comment

• Next try for s7 trailer:

Blah

Comment

• Dany

It is almost a pity that iin the end it won't be her who will sit on the iron throne,
        but the only person in Westeros, who has the true right to rule the land ...
        the Night King
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• A good trailer.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Frankly, I'm really just not that invested anymore.
            I'll probably watch, but unlikely to bother seeing it in real time.

Just get on with it already.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• My interest is actually a tad higher since they're just making it up now. But I guess that's true about any tale.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                My interest is actually a tad higher since they're just making it up now. But I guess that's true about any tale.
                I thinki they are following a GRRM plan - just not the plan he will himself use in the books, now that he has fallen behind. The question in my mind is: did HBO get to use Martin's "A" plan, with him getting relegated to the B plan? I'd say that was likely, since he had to sell that to them (in case something happened to him).

I'm okay with the story branching. The two mediums have very different demands.
                The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                - A. Lincoln

Comment

• I still say that Jaime has to kill Cersei in order to stop her from wiping out the civilians in King's Landing.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Frankly, I'm really just not that invested anymore.
                    I'll probably watch, but unlikely to bother seeing it in real time.

Just get on with it already.
                    I notice some kind of attrition on myself with shows that run rather long (4 seasons and above ca.). It's also happening with GOT to me. I remember after watching season one and two I wanted to see more immediately - now I just patiently look forward to the next round. I stil consider it a damn good show to watch, but earlier it had more suspense IMO because there were more unresolved lines and I didn't know how they'd end up or even in what direction things would move. Now lots of characters have disappeared, and things are way more clear, even if we don't know everythng yet and are hopefully still getting surprised...

/2cts.
                    Blah

Comment

• We've been asked to wait plenty for season 7. Now they're saying season 8 (only 6 episodes) won't air until 2019. It's getting ridiculous.

They keep giving me the opportunity to see whether I can live without GOT in my life for lengthy periods of time. As it turns out, I can. Easy.

It's going back that requires some effort.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm pretty excited about the return of GotT, but mostly because I want to see the White Walkers kill everybody.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'm interested to see where it goes. But the problem is that it's now so few episodes that by the time you really get into it, it will be over again for another year.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• An interesting fan speculation is that Bran goes to the God's Eye were green seers supposedly live in myth and there he perfects his time travel skills. People are speculating he might be the original Bran the Builder who built the wall, he might have been the source of the voices which drove the mad king mad, or maybe he is even the person who becomes the Night's King.

So many possible twists in the tale of Bran.

Comment

• J. R. R. Tolkien vs George R. R. Martin. Epic Rap Battles of HistoryNEW ERB OUT NOW! GODZILLA vs KING KONG: https://youtu.be/jhkBAKV1yMgWant to help ERB? Sup...

Epic rap battle of history between. GRRM and JRRT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

So many possible twists in the tale of Bran.
                                We need more Bran in our diet...
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X