No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, I never really liked Stannis much (from the book, haven't seen the show).
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• I am so buying one of these. "Manderley's Meat Pies - The North Remembers.
      "The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers and the mummer's farce is almost done." This shirt is dedicated to Lord Manderly of White Harbor and his revenge on House Bolton, the Freys, and the rest of those responsible for the RW. Enjoy yo • Millions of unique designs by independent artists. Find your thing.
      Last edited by Dinner; June 13, 2015, 14:49.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So, as I am hanging behind 2 episodes in germany ... has Bronn already married his beloved Tyene Sand?
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I think she would kill him.

Comment

• Worth it.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Definitely ...
              not only is she beautiful, but considering her skill with knives .. and her knowledge of herbs and their effects she surely is a good cook as well ...
              and it is sure that she secretly loves Bronn as well ... why else would she not only show him her breasts, but also give him the antidote to her poison
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I have very high hopes for this season finale. I honestly am not sure what will happen though as the writers are so clearly doing their own thing.

There are a few things I hope are in it:

Spoiler:

1. Cersi's walk of shame.
                2. The Jon Snow Cliff Hanger.
                3. Arya killing Ser Merin Trent (from her TWOW chapter).
                4. Manderley's Frey pie.
                Last edited by Dinner; June 13, 2015, 17:34.

Comment

• Stannis is The Man. Damn him for it.
                  The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                  - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Stannis is the John McCain of Westeros. He is not the most charismatic nor likeable, but everybody has a sort of this grudging respect for him, both because of his integrity and his experience. But then he chooses a crazy religious redhead as his running mate and it all jumps the shark.

Not original, but true.
                    The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                    - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Except GRRM wrote him that way in the 90's when Sarah Palin was just queen of some trailer park in Alaska.

Comment

• Jesus Christ Oerdin, he's not saying that GRRM based the character on McCain. That's just a stunning lack of humor on your part.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Unfortunately they kinda ruined the end (the Night's Watch part):

Spoiler:
                          In the books, Jon gets a letter from Ramsey saying he's beaten Stannis and he's going to tear Winterfell apart unless he sends back his half-sister, who has left the castle. Jon basically steps down as Lord Commander, asks Night's Watch brothers to join him in storming Winterfell, but doesn't explicitly order it.

Hence, when the brothers (and some of them are good ones) stab Snow and say "For the Watch" they actually have a point.

Oh, also... they didn't explicitly show Brienne kill Stannis, right? No Stannis body. Sooo... that seems a bit open
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Unfortunately they kinda ruined the end (the Night's Watch part):

Spoiler:
                            In the books, Jon gets a letter from Ramsey saying he's beaten Stannis and he's going to tear Winterfell apart unless he sends back his half-sister, who has left the castle. Jon basically steps down as Lord Commander, asks Night's Watch brothers to join him in storming Winterfell, but doesn't explicitly order it.

Hence, when the brothers (and some of them are good ones) stab Snow and say "For the Watch" they actually have a point.

Oh, also... they didn't explicitly show Brienne kill Stannis, right? No Stannis body. Sooo... that seems a bit open

Comment

• WTF?

Comment

• Quite the body count for tonight's episode. Also for the book readers can you give me a yes or no answer if Arya's part in the book was the same as in the show?

Comment

Working...
                                X