No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had some problems with the idea of the ice storm at the start of the attack that killed everyone outside the palisade but was somehow stopped by the logs of the wall. It made for great drama, but didn't make much sense.
    The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
    - A. Lincoln

Comment

• It's completely a fanwank. You are inventing dialogue that never happened to advance your pet theory.

And considering the previews for next week, it seems very likely that the background for my reason is going to happen next episode, which IMO makes it more likely that was the reason Tyrion brainfarted.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by grumbler View Post
        I had some problems with the idea of the ice storm at the start of the attack that killed everyone outside the palisade but was somehow stopped by the logs of the wall. It made for great drama, but didn't make much sense.
        It wasn't the ice storm. It was the wights.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by grumbler View Post
          I had some problems with the idea of the ice storm at the start of the attack that killed everyone outside the palisade but was somehow stopped by the logs of the wall. It made for great drama, but didn't make much sense.
          When the others come it gets extremely cold and often an icy fog forms. So it wasn't an ice storm and instead way the others attacking.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
            Are the zombies supposed to be as fast as they were depicted in the last episode?

How was it in the books?
            I believe they were established as pretty quick in the first episode.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• They were also established as pretty flammable. Why was the Giant the only one using fire against them?
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Yeah, I mentioned that earlier and no one had an anwser.

Comment

• Creative license!
                  Why let their own facts get in the way of a good fight scene
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Especially how high they are in using fire everywhere else in the show/book.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Because, faced by a charging horde of the living dead, would you grab a sword or suitable hitty thing, or start messing about with a tinderbox and kindling?
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• "FIRE ARROWS"
                        You're living in the arctic. There should be a fire near by. (or you'd be dead already)
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The next episode is called the dance of dragons so I expect it will mostly be in Mureen and feature Dany's wedding.

Spoiler:
                          It will be interesting to see how they change this since they killed off Ser Baristan. I am guessing they will have Tyrion take over the role Ser Baristan had in the books.
                          Last edited by Dinner; June 4, 2015, 13:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                            Because, faced by a charging horde of the living dead, would you grab a sword or suitable hitty thing, or start messing about with a tinderbox and kindling?
                            As Rah said, they are living in the subartic so they are all going to have fires just to keep warm. Also, as someone else said, while the zombie army jumping off the cliff made for good tv but the reality is they would have been smashed into dozens of pieces and thus would be a lot less combat effective.

Lastly, why didn't the undead horde just charge into the water (what is cold water to them?) and just attack the ships? Hell, couldn't the white walkers just freeze the water and walk out to the ships that way?
                            Last edited by Dinner; June 4, 2015, 19:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              The next episode is called the dance of dragons so I expect it will mostly be in Mureen and feature Dany's wedding. It will be interesting to see how they change this since they killed off Ser Baristan. I am guessing they will have Tyrion take over the role Ser Baristan had in the books.
                              Spoiler it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                As Rah said, they are living in the subartic so they are all going to have fires just to keep warm.

And, naturally, a big, readily available pile of pitched torches and fire arrows?

Comment

Working...
                                X