No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, maybe the starbucks thing was a clever ad in disguise? they deliberately left the cup there knowing it will cause a stir

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      I'm thinking he's toast well before he finishes and you will be waiting a long time.
      Probably true. We have been waiting since 2011 for the next book and all he has done is gotten older and fatter (well, and richer) since then.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Well, wasn't there a 10 year gap the last time. So maybe in 2021.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Time between books so far has been 2 years, 2 years, 5 years, and 6 years. Now we're at 8 years with no new book in sight.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• It's pretty obvious that he had the first 3 worked out... and then needed inspiration.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• In the books... 1) Catelyn Stark is still semi-alive brought back by the Red Priest and obsessed with vengeance on House Frey, who is still ruled by Walder. 2) Catelyn Stark is traveling with the Brotherhood Without Banners, in the Riverlands. 3) Podrick and Brienne were captured, and possibly hung and possibly resurrected by the Brotherhood Without Banners. 4) Littlefinger and Sansa are still at The Eyrie. 5) Jojen and Meera are alive in the tree with Bran. 6) The Red Priestess didn't burn Stannis' daughter. etc. etc. etc.
              Reconciling the books plotlines with the tv shows would take at least one book. Unless you have Ned Stark wake up in Winterfell, say "I just had the strangest dream", and have his wife (played by Suzanne Pleshette) roll over and say, "Really Bob?"
              Don't expect another book.
              Last edited by Uncle Sparky; May 9, 2019, 01:54.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Regarding the tv show, here are my totally expert predictions (with most of my expertise from watching said show and reading 'bout it on poly):

1. Dragons. Not one will survive. I mean - do you see any dragons around where you live? There you have it.

That means Dany, like Cersei, will lose her 3 kids (or perceived kids). Might be an indication of her moving to the dark side as well -- "breaking the wheel" was a nice dream, and ppl will always continue pursuing it, but as we know - "the more things change the more they stay the same". Oh the philosophical depth.

2. Bran will not survive or the show just stops caring

He main purpose vs. the Nightking fulfilled, what's he going to do now? Sitting in wheelchair making more or less cryptic comments on stuff. Bah!

3. Arya will not survive or the show just stops caring

Killed the NightChap. Nothing to top that. Doesnn't want to be a lady. What is she going to do when all the bad guys from her "list" are killed? Better end it now before the character goes downhill.

4. Bronn will either be offed soon as a security risk (changing sides faster than you can say "Winterfell" depending on where to get an even bigger reward) or will negotiate himself/blackmail someone into becoming King of Westeros as husband of either Dany or Cersei (depending on survival and offered reward).

5. The Hound. After killing brother mountain he 'll open a steakhouse in King's Landing
                Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  #5 was right... you could almost smell the meat grilling through the TV in the last episode!

• say "I just had the strangest dream", and have his wife (played by Suzanne Pleshette) roll over and say, "Really Bob?"
                Don't expect another book.
                still the best series ending ever.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What a crap episode. As soon as they ran out of source material the series started losing its way.

Comment

• Well, it surely was a lot of deus ex machina, to have Daenerys kill all scorpions and the iron fleet with ease (where before the Scorpions in the iron fleet had a huge accuracy, were able to take down Rhaegal and narrowly missed Drogon)

You can surely see that they are in wrapping up mode for the show.
                    I would guess that in previous seasons such a huge thing like an assault on Kings Landing would have taken 2-3 episodes (and might have involved some commando operation in order to sabotage the scorpions)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Yeah, the clock was ticking. It's a shame. Vayrs betrayal was a dud. I wanted more there.
                      It felt like I was watching the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

But at least the hound/mountain fight lived up to the hype. IMO
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I remember the old days when people theorized about how Cleganebowl would be incorporated into the plot.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• It was worth the wait. Pretty epic.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Funny to see Qyburn getting killed by his own creation.

That`s what you get when you create a Zombie and forget to implement some kind of failsafe procedures that either prevent him from attacking you, ever, or allow you to switch him off via a verbal command
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              I remember the old days when people theorized about how Cleganebowl would be incorporated into the plot.
                              D&D don’t seem to care much about the plot any more so much as “we have two hours left to wrap up 40 things so let’s just kill everyone off in meaningless ways without any foreshadowing”. Hell, they didn’t even fill any of the prophecies.

Comment

Working...
                              X