No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I was surprised they even showed her drinking the antidote and didn't jump straight to the iocane powder explanation.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• That would be my thought also, but if that was the case, it would have only taken about 5 seconds show time to have set it up, which if nothing else the show is good at doing.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That section is ahead of the books and who know what GRRM will do? There was the prophecy that all of Cersei's children would be killed before her so I guess it going to happen one way or another. The books seem to offer more build up though so things happen more logically. The red wedding was a surprise even though the build up made it clear the war wasn't going well.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So Arya Stark is in the next season of Dr Who. Not sure whether this is a step up or a step down for Maisie Williams.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• It seems like a natural progression for her career.

Comment

• Guess that depends on whether a girl has to sweep the floor all day in the TARDIS
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Many good actors have appeared in Dr Who over the course of its 50 year+ history.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• In addition to watching the series, I've been listening to the books on audible. I just finished Chapter 77 of a Storm of Swords, and now I see why many people here have called Stannis the Man/Mannis. He has been one of my absolute least favorite major non-pov characters. However, in this chapter he has finally shown me something new and has somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes.

Comment

• I listened to the audio books too.

Comment

• audio books are amazing !

Comment

• as in the* audio books ...

Comment

• Heeeeeeeeeeee's back.

Last edited by rah; November 24, 2015, 13:13.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• SPOILER.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Sorry, didn't think it was necessary considering how much it's been all over today. And the amount we already talked about it.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I was being sarcastic but didn't indicate that in any way.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X