Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    Spoiler it.
    I did but let's face it, Dany getting married is hardly a spoiler as they have been talking about it for three episodes. Plus the name of the episode surely implies something to do with dragons and dragons are only in one place. That really isn't much of a spoiler.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
      And, naturally, a big, readily available pile of pitched torches and fire arrows?
      Given how the wildlings seem to retain so much lore the southerners have forgotten, about giants, about the children of the forest, about weirwoods, about greenseers, about worgs, about white walkers and wights... Why would it be a leap that their legends also contain info on fighting them? In the books they do, that is why wildlings always burn their dead, to prevent them rising again.

The whole reason they want to flee south is the white walkers keep attacking them so it makes sense they'd have their one weapon readily at hand.
      Last edited by Dinner; June 4, 2015, 14:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        I did but let's face it, Dany getting married is hardly a spoiler as they have been talking about it for three episodes. Plus the name of the episode surely implies something to do with dragons and dragons are only in one place. That really isn't much of a spoiler.
        Because it's not like we're dealing with a writer who might do something unexpected like turning a previously-announced wedding into a massacre.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Basically, if you're discussing any events not yet shown in the show, spoiler it. I don't care how obvious you think it is.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Speculating about it isn't a spoiler in my opinion. Unless you're basing it on book knowledge which it doesn't sound like he is.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• To be fair, Oerdin has been known to let loose with some really big spoilers because it seems like he wasn't thinking about it. So err on the side of caution would be wise, I think.

If I don't spoiler something from the show, I tend to try my best to be as vague as I can possibly be about it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Rag on him for the past, this one doesn't deserve it. But, yeah, in general it's easier to err on the side of caution and abuse him for everything.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Speculating about it isn't a spoiler in my opinion. Unless you're basing it on book knowledge which it doesn't sound like he is.
                  The tv show has gone completely different from the books so we are all speculating at this point.

Comment

• But those that have read the book have to be a bit more careful. As long as they base it on what the show is doing, I don't have a problem. Be nice to the others though.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

It's completely a fanwank. You are inventing dialogue that never happened to advance your pet theory.

Fanwank: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Dialogue: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Theory: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

And considering the previews for next week, it seems very likely that the background for my reason is going to happen next episode, which IMO makes it more likely that was the reason Tyrion brainfarted.
                      I used my gibberish-English translator and this still came out gibberish. "The background for my reason is going to happen next episode"? Gibberish.

As I explained, there is a reasonable explanation for why Tyrion and Dani didn't mention the Martells when discussing which houses might support her. I didn't claim to know this to be true, nor propose any theory, nor any dialogue, nor even express any admiration for their choice. I just offered an explanation. Feel free to try to make this some personal thing. It won't work. I simply don't care what you think is a "fanwank" (even using the word correctly).
                      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                      - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        The tv show has gone completely different from the books so we are all speculating at this point.
                        Agree completely. That's one of the things I am enjoying so much abut this season. Not only do I not know what is going to happen, I have strong assurance that I will know, within a reasonable amount of time.
                        The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                        - A. Lincoln

Comment

• And the preview for this Sunday's episode.

Subscribe to the Game of Thrones YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10qIOanNew episodes of Game of Thrones air every Sunday at 9PM, only on HBO.Connect with Game of Thr...

Comment

• I prefer to wait.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Game of Thrones: The Musical. For Red Nose Day on NBC, Coldplay and Peter Dinklage join forces for the band's most important project yet: a musical for HBO’s...

Ok, this is funny in a completely non spoiler way. Peter Dinklage sings a song about Game of Thrones.

Comment

• I hate you show. Seriously, I hate you.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X