No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, even my wife commented on the rowboat. An army of undead on the shore. I'd at least be rowing as hard as possible.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469 View Post
      the world's slowest rowboat
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Back in season 1 when Jon Snow killed the white walker he threw the lantern at it and it went up like a torch. Why didn't they use fire in the last battle and how the hell did they get that giant on one of their ships without it capsizing?

I think the book handled this better.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• That seems incredibly nitpicky. The battle was awesome - enjoy it.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Back in season 1 when Jon Snow killed the white walker he threw the lantern at it and it went up like a torch. Why didn't they use fire in the last battle and how the hell did they get that giant on one of their ships without it capsizing?

I think the book handled this better.
            #1: that wasn't a white walker, that was a wight.

#2: a wizard did it. No, but really, those ships are massive, that can handle a giant.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It was a good fight scene.

Comment

• I was a little shocked to see all the action.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• As much as I like action, I much proffered the Tyrion/Dany scenes.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I thought the discussion was a bit dumb, though. Tyrion is there because he knows Westerosi politics, but suggesting that Dany abandons Westeros? So why should she keep Tyrion alive then? And in talking about the spokes of the wheel and who will support Dany in Westeros, Tyrion forgets Dorne completely? Who is this Tyrion?

Comment

• By suggesting that Dany abandons Westoeros he was demonstrating his expertise in the matter.

The whole fight scene (while entertaining) was a bit more dumb. Everyone still on shore should have died including Jon. (well maybe the giant makes it to the water)
                      And as i mentioned before, the far scene when they show the boat just drifting without really being rowed. (the motivation to frantically row was definitely high)
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, failing to mention that Dorne is still pissed off about the death of princess Elia seems like an oversight.
                        Last edited by Dinner; June 1, 2015, 14:41.

Comment

• Just to be fair
                          Similar that we didn't see the entire battle we may not have seen the entire conversation. (which I'm sure lasted longer then what was shown)
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's like the biggest of all fanwanks...

So they cut "Dorne" and jumped right into how Dany is going to break the wheel?

Comment

• IT's a Cable TV show based loosely on a fantasy novel.
                              Are you kdding me?
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X