• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmmm, didn't consider that.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Current plot holes that are bothering me-

1- Have the Dothraki been ethnically cleansed? I know they were crap, and I really don't miss people endlessly banging on about horses constantly, but they seem to have abruptly vanished. True- there weren't many left with Perkytits, but they were still there, and surely as her oldest retainers they'd have positions of influence around her? But nooooooooo. As soon as the Unbollocked were introduced as her Instant Army, they were never mentioned again.

2- Where the hell are Osha and the spare Stark kid that nobody remembers? The kid was fairly pointless, but Osha was the strongest female role in the entire show- probably the only one that stands up to serious feminist analysis. Angela Carter would have loved Osha, and she was played by a great, charismatic actress in Natalia Tena. But it looks like we're going to rack up another Osha-free season.

3- What about that bunch of rogue knights headed by Dennis Pennis and the beardy one who had the resurrection thing going on? It's a crap plot device, but not one you just introduce and then abandon. Where are they hiding?

4- What's Varys up to? If they just abandon one of the most interesting characters as a loose plot thread I'm going to be sorely vexed.

5- Now that he's not at death's door any more, are we going to see Wilko Johnson back again as the world's most terrifying executioner?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• 1. They are still around. Note, none of the cities we are talking about are really around the Dothraki Sea (Meereen is the closest but still a little bit away)
        2. They took a break this season because Bran's storyline last season matched where his storyline ended in the books.
        3. The show has decided to not discuss them again because... I dunno.
        4. Who knows... he's doing something different than he was in the books, but in the books he disappeared for 2 books until he did the most badass thing in the entire series.
        5. Likely not, but who knows.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, if you look closely there are still a handful of Dothraki around Dany. None of them speak, of course.

Varys will definitely return, hopefully in the same manner he did in the novels.

No idea as for the rest of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            1. They are still around. Note, none of the cities we are talking about are really around the Dothraki Sea (Meereen is the closest but still a little bit away)
            I'm talking about the ones that stayed with Perkytits. Can't see why they'd have just stayed unannounced in any given city.

2. They took a break this season because Bran's storyline last season matched where his storyline ended in the books.
            They took a break last season too. They haven't been seen since the end of season 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
              I'm talking about the ones that stayed with Perkytits. Can't see why they'd have just stayed unannounced in any given city.
              As Guy said, they are around Dany. There were only a handful to begin with when she entered Qarth.

They took a break last season too. They haven't been seen since the end of season 3.
              Nope. Bran's storyline went through Season 4. The Season Finale of S4 was when Bran from the Greenseer.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I'm not talking about Bran. I'm talking about the younger one. And he's definitely not shown up since season 3, along with Natalia Tena.

Comment

• Oh, Rickon. Well, yeah, he's not going to be around for a while. He hasn't been around in the books either.

Comment

• They just released the title for the final episode

Spoiler:
                    Mother's Mercy

That could refer to... well, just so very many things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Oh, Rickon. Well, yeah, he's not going to be around for a while. He hasn't been around in the books either.
                      I thought she was taking him to castle black. Should have been there by now
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        In the show, she was taking him to Last Hearth, home of the Umbers.

Comment

• I guess that shows how much I cared about that story line.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Spoiler:
                            The dying Master Luwin said Bran and Rickon had to be seporate as they are the last two male heirs to the Stark line/King in the North. The Reeds were supposed to take Bran to Castle Black where Jon Snow is while Osha took Rickon some where else. We don't find out where until near the end of A Dance With Dragons.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              The dying Master Luwin said Bran and Rickon had to be seporated as they are the last two male heirs to the Stark line/King in the North. The Reeds were supposed to take Bran to Castle Black where Jon Snow (but Bran convinces them he has to go north of the wall to find the three eyed crow) is while Osha took Rickon some where else. We don't find out where until near the end of A Dance With Dragons.

In Dance we find that Lord Manderly has found Wex Pyke, the deaf & mute stable boy from Winterfell who is a survivor of the sack of Winterfell. Wex confirms that both the Stark boys survived, that they split up, and that he followed Osha and Rickon far enough to know they went to Skagos. As the boy can't speak Manderly has the boy taught to read and write so they can communicate with him. Manderly fakes Ser Davos's death and then sends Ser Davos out to find Rickon Stark.
                              Last edited by Dinner; May 29, 2015, 10:21.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Uhhhhhh... I really don't think this is happening, but it has been pointed out, in relation to the title for the season finale, that in the appendix to A Feast For Crows, you will find this:

Spoiler:
                                LADY STONEHEART, a hooded woman, sometimes called MOTHER MERCY, THE SILENT SISTER, and THE HANGWOMAN,

Comment

Working...
                                X