A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the clarification guys.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      Uhhhhhh... I really don't think this is happening, but it has been pointed out, in relation to the title for the season finale, that in the appendix to A Feast For Crows, you will find this:

Spoiler:
      LADY STONEHEART, a hooded woman, sometimes called MOTHER MERCY, THE SILENT SISTER, and THE HANGWOMAN,
      Uhhhhhhhhh..... OMG!! I hope this sooo freaking much!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I am kind of disappointed the tv show left out the whole Ironwood thing even though it seems like a minor detail. Weirwoods are bone white with red leaves and red sap. Both the bark and wood are bone white in color and we know the children of the forest use Weirwoods to enhances their greenseer's ability to see in different places and different times (basically anything which happens in front of a weirwood tree with a face carved in it. An ironwood tree has jet black bark with purple leaves and the wood is as black as ebony. There is a whole grove around the house of the undying and the wizards chew the leaves to get their powers which turns their mouths and lips purple.

Remember that in the house of black and white all the doors were double doors with one made of white weirwood with a black ironwood face minted on it while the other door was a black ironwood door with a white weirwood face mounted on it. Plus the armorer who was raising Gendry had the whole black and white, weirwood and ironwood motif going on in his store/house.

It seems like weirwoods and ironwood are both magic trees but opposites in some way. There is a blog post about this I saw some where and it was really interesting.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• If everything is opposites and there is a yin and yang thing going on... Dragons are back so does that mean ice dragons are also back? One is of fire and the other ice.

Comment

• Check out http://endgameofthrones.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Uhhhhhhhhh..... OMG!! I hope this sooo freaking much!
              I am hoping the show eschews the whole
              Spoiler:
              lady Ironheart gig. Bringing main characters back to life destroys the credibility and effect of killing them off to begin with. The story is only weakened by having zombie main characters return.
              They don't need it.
              The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
              - A. Lincoln

Comment

• A) You got the name wrong.
                B) No, it doesn't for reasons they've already established in the series
                C) It's like the most awesome part of the entire series
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• GRRM, announced he will also skip writing an episode for season 6 just like he skipped writing an episode for season 5. He says he is "clearing the decks" and redoubling his efforts to have winds of winter finished before season 6 airs in April 2016. He is even canceling his yearly appearance at Comicon which he has attended every year since the 1980's.
                  Last edited by Dinner; May 31, 2015, 00:35.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                    So Valyrian Steel can kill an Other... that's new.

Comment

• Well, it's been hinted at.

In other news, that was the best action scene the show has ever done, and that was easily the best episode of the season, but a country mile.

Holy ****ing ****. I was convinced the Tall-Talker was going to die, thank Christ I was wrong.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

In other news, that was the best action scene the show has ever done, and that was easily the best episode of the season, but a country mile.

Holy ****ing ****. I was convinced the Tall-Talker was going to die, thank Christ I was wrong.
                        Spoiler:
                        It was one of those scenes that used book reader knowledge to create tension very well. Because we know Jon is going to get stabbed, but no reason it couldn't have happened at Hardholme, right? At least I weighed that possibility. Though when they get to the Wall next week, that'll be interesting to see how that'll work out.

Comment

• Oh, I have a guess.

Spoiler:
                          ****ing Olly.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Well, it's been hinted at.
                            Yeah, to the extent that my wife and I both thought it had been outright stated and have been surprised that people thought it was a reveal tonight. Guess so, though.

While the Dany/Tyrion scene was nice, it wasn't worth killing Barristan to make happen. Yet, at least.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Well, it's been hinted at.

I think the battle at the wall last season was slightly better. However, tonight's episode was still epic. Those kids were so creepy, as was the army of lemmings. I loved when Edd was like f*** the dragon glass lets get out of here. Jon's look from what is the world's slowest rowboat was pretty awesome too. That must have been the worst sight ever.

Also, having Tyrion in Meereen has already made it more interesting.

Comment

• A good episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X