Spoiler:
    part ways then when Aegon Blackfyre
    shows up.
    It is so surmised.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Spoiler:
      Quote from Tristan Rivers of the Golden Company - "Which plan? ... The fat man’s plan? The one that changes every time the moon turns? First Viserys Targaryen was to join us with fifty thousand Dothraki screamers at his back. Then the Beggar King was dead, and it was to be his sister, a pliable young child queen who was on her way to Pentos with three new-hatched dragons. Instead the girl turns up on Slaver's Bay and leaves a string of burning cities in her wake, and the fat man decides we should meet her by Volantis. Now that plan is in ruins as well. I have had enough of Illyrio’s plans. Robert Baratheon won the Iron Throne without the benefit of dragons. We can do the same"

They aren't backing Aegon due to his being a Blackfyre, but because he is a Targaryen willing to take Westeros, as they thought Viserys was and then Dany
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Spoiler:
        He never says anything that contradicts that Aegon is a Blackfyre, and he wouldn't want his little birds to hear that because it could bring his legitimacy into question.
        To say nothing of spies serving one person can quite easily, and in fact, likely serve someone else. Plant a lie to serve his own purposes.

Spoiler:
        the actual Aegon surviving is really ****ing implausible, in particular that Fake Aegon would be killed in such a way as to render him unrecognizable.
        Absolutely 100% correct. Besides,
        Spoiler:
        Elia would be fine with her daughter being killed? If Varys knew they were going to be killed, why not swap out both kids? Better yet, why not just spirit them all away through the tunnels he knows so well?

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          Spoiler:
          It is my opinion that Aegon/Young Griff is Illyrio's son by a female member of the Blackfyre dynasty.
          Spoiler:
          Illyrio's wife, Serra, may have silver hair, but she has blue eyes, not the violet of the Targaryen and Blackfyre line - recall Aegon DOES have the violet eyes, which are said to be very rare
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• GENETICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY, GOOD NIGHT.

Comment

• Wow, I really have to stop reading this thread. Or rather, I really need to finish reading the books.

Anyway, NOT HAPPY. WHERE WAS
              Spoiler:
              CAT?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• GRRM studies all the genetics after all . Recall how it was "revealed" that Joffery, Tommen, and Myrcella were bastards .

Comment

• A geneticist friend of mine refuses to read GRRM because he ****ed up some genetics in one of his early SF novels.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    A geneticist friend of mine refuses to read GRRM because he ****ed up some genetics in one of his early SF novels.
                    well look at the big brain on that guy.

seems a petty thing to pass up on a decent telling of a story: whining about how the details have been fudged.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• I agree. But she's pretty hot, so I let her rant about it if she wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        I agree. But she's pretty hot, so I let her rant about it if she wants.
                        you should touch her... with your penis.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Her husband is a pretty cool and reasonable guy, but not quite that cool and reasonable.

Comment

• I watched the Wall scene again. What's with the evil music? Like, why do they try to make Stannis look so evil even when he does the most heroic thing in the ****ing series? Jesus Christ. I was too busy being happy to see Stannis to notice it the first time, but it's completely ridiculous. They've got this low camera angle and dark lighting to make it seem like he's some sinister monster.

Comment

• Well, he did have sex with a priestess so she could give birth to a supernatural assassin to kill his own brother.....
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• His own brother was trying to usurp the throne.

In the books, it is made abundantly clear that Stannis is obsessed with firm justice and legalism (to a somewhat neurotic degree) and that he wants to be king out of a sense of the fact that that's how things are just supposed to be, not because he really wants to; moreover, because he believes (likely rightly) that the other candidates for the throne would be bad for the realm.

In the show he's a villain.

Comment

Working...
                                X