No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't expect bots to get these things right. They're getting smarter though, it's frightening.

Comment

• SkyNet is watching, Reg.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Yeah, they really have compressed the time line a lot in the TV show.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• well, now that it aint gonna happen I really thought the story would have the kingslayer put in the position of killing his own son as his tyranny became overwhelming even for him

meanwhile the dragonlady and wildlings(?) and ice monsters are about to invade

btw, that death scene was some fine acting...or the make up crew did a good job

Comment

• I imagine much of that was done post production with CG. It was very well done though. My hat is off to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                btw, that death scene was some fine acting...or the make up crew did a good job
                I'm just going to step in here and point out that people don't turn those colors when they're dying.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• What would an actual MD know about that?

Technically speaking... We don't know exactly how "The Strangler" works so wouldn't it be at least possible? "Widow's Blood" is another interesting one.

Comment

• I really do have to give props to the actor. Granted he was playing a real douche of a character, but he really played it up and made him even more hateful.
                    Great casting, and good acting.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He really was a magnificent bastard. He really got to play it up in that episode, with his little twirl in front of the pie and kicking the goblet out of Tyrion's reach and his sadistic little play with the dwarf kings.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        What would an actual MD know about that?

Technically speaking... We don't know exactly how "The Strangler" works so wouldn't it be at least possible? "Widow's Blood" is another interesting one.
                        When you strangle someone their face turns plethoric if you're applying enough pressure to the neck to stop venous return but not enough to lessen arterial flow. The face may swell a bit and turn a bit dark red but it's not going to turn sky blue. Deoxygenated blood is dark red with a touch of blue but not sky blue. Likewise the facial veins are not going to bulge out like they were on Jeoffrey's face. Furthermore inorder to produce the facial plethora effect you'd have to apply external pressure to the neck, there's no way that "The Strangler" could do that. I suppose that it could induce congestive heart failure, but that would take a while to produce facial edema and would not be experienced as choking. What "The Strangler" seemed to be doing was inducing laryngospasm, closing off inlet to the lungs. People who strangle on food, i.e., have a "cafe coronary", will become cyanotic, but not the color of blue that Jeoffrey turned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          He really was a magnificent bastard. He really got to play it up in that episode, with his little twirl in front of the pie and kicking the goblet out of Tyrion's reach and his sadistic little play with the dwarf kings.
                          Spoiler:
                          In order to poison his goblet wouldn't they have needed to know that he was going to pull some stunt like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            When you strangle someone their face turns plethoric if you're applying enough pressure to the neck to stop venous return but not enough to lessen arterial flow. The face may swell a bit and turn a bit dark red but it's not going to turn sky blue. Deoxygenated blood is dark red with a touch of blue but not sky blue. Likewise the facial veins are not going to bulge out like they were on Jeoffrey's face. Furthermore inorder to produce the facial plethora effect you'd have to apply external pressure to the neck, there's no way that "The Strangler" could do that. I suppose that it could induce congestive heart failure, but that would take a while to produce facial edema and would not be experienced as choking. What "The Strangler" seemed to be doing was inducing laryngospasm, closing off inlet to the lungs. People who strangle on food, i.e., have a "cafe coronary", will become cyanotic, but not the color of blue that Jeoffrey turned.
                            Now debunk greyscale. Or dragons.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Greyscale is just leprosy by a different name (and it looks different)

Comment

• "'The Strangler' is just poison by a different name (and it looks different)."
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X