A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    He at least doesn't have face that makes me want to smack him with a hot clothes iron.
    That's what you are supposed to feel with Daario.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The 4th season now and it seems the coming of winter hasn't sped up the least. You start wondering what the fuss is about, because at this rate everyone will have died natural deaths before the ice zombies arrive.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Raff wasn't in the show, she killed Polliver.
        Yes... that was my point?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
          Stuff
          Ahhhhh, now I see why I was confused. You're saying GRRM released that chapter because of the show; I thought you were saying they changed the show in the way they did in order to match up with a future chapter.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
            The 4th season now and it seems the coming of winter hasn't sped up the least. You start wondering what the fuss is about, because at this rate everyone will have died natural deaths before the ice zombies arrive.
            Just think how those poor guys who started reading the series back in 1994 must feel by now. Winter has been coming for the last 20 years.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I'm kind of curious why the hound wasn't mortally wounded.

Comment

• I think we should all just celebrate the fact that Jon EmoSnow expressed emotions that were not "sad", wistful", "unhappy", mournful" or "glum". He's better when he discovers his backbone.

The Princess Blondie Perkytits story arc appears to be running out of steam again, after picking up a bit over series 2 and 3. At the moment it's just "Have thousands of CGI-created identical soldiers stand around motionless to look impressive while we ask Lord Friendzone (love that name, by the way. I'm stealing it) to explain things, or debate capturing yet another remarkably similar desert city with the minimum of budget-stretching action sequences".
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• I know most don't but I like Kit Harrington.

Also, those soldiers aren't CGI. It's actually cheaper to get a couple platoons' worth of extras to stand in formation and march in close order.

Comment

• There's a scene in the last episode with the Unsullied stretching off into the horizon. I thought scenes like that were done by having a hundred or so real extras who then get multiplied via computer magic.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, but reg meant the soldiers themselves weren't CGI. Maybe copypasta'd but not computer generated.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I just want to observe that if the books were rewritten to be the same as the show, they'd be tremendously better.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Can we all just hug and agree that most of of the 75,000 in shot probably weren't real?
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            I just want to observe that if the books were rewritten to be the same as the show, they'd be tremendously better.

You're just displaying your ignorance now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              I just want to observe that if the books were rewritten to be the same as the show, they'd be tremendously better.
                              Um.. no.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                                Can we all just hug and agree that most of of the 75,000 in shot probably weren't real?
                                They're at least as real as some of the posters here.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X