No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just couldn't handle all the characters. I didn't care about all but maybe five of them, and there are so ****ing many. I found myself skimming chapters. I had to stop myself because I knew some things would be important later, but after a while I realized I just didn't care. I don't care how big boobed this arab ***** is, or how throbby Mr. Knight's penis gets when she takes her top off. She's not Arya or Bran or Jon, so she needs to get the **** out and stop wasting my time with her crap. Same goes for literally dozens of other boring assholes.

Apart from the characters though, the biggest problem is that I constantly feel worried that he's roping me into a LOST-esque plot Ponzi scheme. He keeps opening new MYSTERIES OF THE UNIVERSE and resolving none of them. He started to explain what was going on at the end of book 4? 5? I forget, whenever
    Spoiler:

Sam is at the tower of magic people or whatever, maesters I think

but then the book ****ing ends. Thanks a lot, dickhole.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I'm assuming you are just trying to get Guy even more angry as opposed to actually thinking Arianne Martell is uninteresting.

And if you don't care for tons of characters and tons of locations, then stop reading. This book series is obviously not for you.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Peak GRRM was achieved when Dany takes a ****ing diarrheal **** in the desert. THE MORE SHE SHAT! Seriously, probably the most painful piece of "literature" I have read since the Harry Potter 7 epilogue. Did I pay for this? What the **** is going on? If I want to hear about terminal diarrhea I'll play ****ing Oregon Trail. This is important how exactly? Why would I want to know? Another author, with a better sense of when to apply conciseness, would have just said she got sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          I'm assuming you are just trying to get Guy even more angry as opposed to actually thinking Arianne Martell is uninteresting.

And if you don't care for tons of characters and tons of locations, then stop reading. This book series is obviously not for you.
          I have my limits. Book 1 is by far the best in the series, with proper pacing and a large but not unmanageable number of settings and locations. When I have to consult the ****ing wiki to remember who some dumbass is after not seeing him for six chapters, there's too many of them. Harry Potter had lots of characters but focused on the ones that were actually interesting, and didn't split my attention. Better writers would write these other characters into spin-off series rather than try to tie them all together in an unmanageable tome of mishmash the way GRRM does.

The thing is, I probably would find Arianne Martell interesting if I didn't already have about 15 characters who are already interesting and I've spent multiple books and countless chapters with already. But tack her on midway through the series and it's just "oh ****, not another one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            I just couldn't handle all the characters. I didn't care about all but maybe five of them, and there are so ****ing many. I found myself skimming chapters. I had to stop myself because I knew some things would be important later, but after a while I realized I just didn't care. I don't care how big boobed this arab ***** is, or how throbby Mr. Knight's penis gets when she takes her top off. She's not Arya or Bran or Jon, so she needs to get the **** out and stop wasting my time with her crap. Same goes for literally dozens of other boring assholes.

Apart from the characters though, the biggest problem is that I constantly feel worried that he's roping me into a LOST-esque plot Ponzi scheme. He keeps opening new MYSTERIES OF THE UNIVERSE and resolving none of them. He started to explain what was going on at the end of book 4? 5? I forget, whenever
            Spoiler:

Sam is at the tower of magic people or whatever, maesters I think

but then the book ****ing ends. Thanks a lot, dickhole.
            Basically what you're saying is that it's far too complex for your tiny little brain...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• In fact, I was wondering...

When you and Kuci-fart 2 come across a particularly difficult problem, do you sort of patch your brains together like a hive mind to double your brain power? And then still get totally the wrong answer...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I think they just parrot whatever it says on Conservative Douchebag Opinions.com
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• Oh it's http://www.foxnews.com/
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Book 1 is by far the best in the series
                    Like I said, this book series is obviously not for you.

Anyone who talks about the Song of Ice and Fire and says "Book X is by far the best in the series" and X does not equal 3, well they aren't worth listening to on the topic anymore.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• And Harry ****ing Potter?! Lord knows I love that series (ask anyone here), but that is a completely different type of series. Of course they focused on a core group - its a coming of age story at its core. Song of Ice and Fire is a sprawling epic, where the main character is the world itself.

Comment

• We have an official return date: 6 April.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Hey, isn't that Nikolai's birthday?!
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I just couldn't handle all the characters.

Hell, try being one of the TV series viewers who hasn't read the books. There's a sound reason why most of the characters are just nicknames to me.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                              Hey, isn't that Nikolai's birthday?!
                              Indeed it is. Brownie points for remembering!
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

More importantly, they both sucked. Still, there's enough stuff to mandate more than one season.
                                Book 4/5 are awesome, but on a different level.
                                They're huge complex character -arch filled books that are setting up sick twists in the last 2 books.
                                I bet that when we read book 6/7 and drop of our chairs out of : w8t...didn't see that coming!!!11!1!! and then re-read book 4/5 then you'll see it's one huge big foreshadowing of huge story-changes that are coming up.

In my re-read books 4 an 5 were suddenly my favourite books after #3
                                what's going on in Meereen is so behind and between the lines!
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X