Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should teachers be allowed to thrash kiddies and teenagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nun has Jesus on her side. Normally this would be an important factor, but Jesus was killed by Jews... and HC happens to be a Jew. On the other hand, the Pope is a Nazi, and we all know what they did to the Jews...

Jesus AND Nazis make a powerful combination indeed!

Comment

Just the lightning bolt from heaven should do it.

That would teach him not to mess with nuns.

Better than a good thrashing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        I agree with this. HC is definitely the type of teenager who would hit back.
        Maybe if he had gone to a Catholic School he would have grown up more respectful.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There isn't a single Catholic school in the country that allows corporal punishment. Yet 250,000 kids are hit every year in public schools in 19 states.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Just because it isn't allowed doesn't mean it doesn't happen. When we were kids, technically it wasn't allowed either.

And before I act enraged about the quarter mil, I'd like to see what they qualify as a "HIT" and under what circumstances.

In catholic schools corporal punishment wasn't limited to striking. It also included things like kneeling on your palms, standing with arms out raised to simulate crucification, etc.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sadists.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Or copying pages of the dictionary, writing a 10,000 word essay about the insides of a pingpong ball. Not all the punishments were physical, some were mental.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  How common was bullying?

JM
                  Bullying was unusual. I think I see where you're coming from.

The stick was administered for certain offences was it was clearly stated what you had done wrong. If you were planning to do something bad you knew whether or you would get the stick if caught. You also knew why. It was punishment tied to bahaviour in accordance with a set of rules. The punishment was impersonal.

OTH If teachers could just thrash away at will that could implicitly teach children that hitting was acceptable. It may suggest that it is OK to hit if annoyed or if you don't like somebody. We didn't have that.

Comment

My 3rd grade teacher had a big paddle hanging from a hook on the wall. It had 6 holes in it and we all were very afraid. Then they passed laws that kids couldn't be paddled anymore and it was chaos from then on out.

Comment

Working...
                    X