Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should teachers be allowed to thrash kiddies and teenagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he is a school student that needs a good thrashing.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

If you're opposed to thrashing HC, then you're opposed to thrashing anybody
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Yes. Sometimes certain kids just need a good beating.

Comment

Hell yeah
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
            Because he is a school student that needs a good thrashing.
            Already addressed this point.

Comment

You asked why it's the HC option? Answer - he'll pick it so he doesn't get thrashed.

If you addressed it why did you ask?
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                Corporal punishment was done away with in our school system after my 9th grade year. There was no noticable change in behaviour.

Why should a school have to deal with a childs (bad) behaviour? Send em home. Education is a priviledge not a right.
                In Texas, it's neither, the kid don't go to school, the parent can go to jail.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm sure they have home-schooling in Texas.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'm not allowed to? Oh.

Comment

I'll pass on the question and instead make the obvious observation that it is unreasonable to expect teachers to have success in teaching students if their first priority is their own well being due to a lack of student discipline and/or class room order.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                        I'm sure they have home-schooling in Texas.
                        I'm going out on a limb here to give the uninformed opinion that home schooling is in every state. With that acknowledgement, it has nothing to do with what you answered.
                        If a student is enrolled and doesn't attend, the parents can be jailed. I think it's ****ed up, but that's the fact.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'd be surprised if it was used against parents honestly trying to get their kids to school (without success). It's aimed at the parents that don't give a damn.

I saw a case of this recently and it was just that - A single mom that allowed her 13 year old daughter to lay around at home and miss about 90% of school days. She was charged but even then the focus was on gaining compliance with the law rather than punishing the mom.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            You asked why it's the HC option? Answer - he'll pick it so he doesn't get thrashed.

If you addressed it why did you ask?
                            You are the one confused alright! Why would HC oppose this? What good conservative wouldn't allow students to be thrashed?

It won't be HC getting thrashed by the teacher... it'll be some poor kid in a bad school... so that makes it ok.

Comment

I'm sorry, what led you to believe that conservatism = child abuse?
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                I'm sorry, what led you to believe that conservatism = child abuse?
                                History.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X