Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should teachers be allowed to thrash kiddies and teenagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should teachers be allowed to thrash kiddies and teenagers?

Kids are completely out of hand these days. we are hearing stories of policemen having to pepper spray 8 year olds, taser eleven year olds and so forth.

When I was at school misbehaving students were given a taste of the stick. Nothing like a good thrashing to keep the kiddies in line.

Do you agree or disagree?

:serious: I have an ambivalent attitude to this question.
    Hell yeah
    62.50%
    No (Hauldren Collider option)
    25.00%
    How should I know?
    6.25%
    Throw bananas at 'em
    6.25%

this one is a clear - no - there are many other ways of engaging with kids, and whipping should not be one of them, even though this may be the most satisfying one for sadists teachers.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I totally disagree. Send them out of the class. It is the parents right and responsibility to punish their children (as necessary) not the schools.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

whip parents instead of children - that would be a novel approach
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I see it as a measure of last resort. I have the gravest reservations about every teacher having a stick.

OTH There were some real hardcases in my school who really took some getting through to. A touch of the cane might have steadied them down a bit. Sometimes parents just blindly back up their children but the school has to deal with the childs behaviour.

Comment

10 step process for erradication of classroom diobedience

1. warning
            2. send them out of class to a psychologist
            3. send them home
            4. beat them
            5. beat the parents
            6. send them and the parents to a forced labour camp for re-education
            7. and if that does not help, send them preemptively to jail
            8. if jail time does not help either, turn them into slaves
            9. beat the slaves
            10. if slaves rebel - execute them all

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
              Sometimes parents just blindly back up their children
              I went to a Catholic school and everyone got punished twice. First by the nuns then from your parents when they found out the nuns had to punish you.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

For awhile my friend worked at a behavior disorders school in Liverpool - they only used violence on the kids in order to disarm them or break up fights etc. They found over the years that using violence on them only reinforced their violent behavior.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That backs up the research, which is pretty clear.

Corporal punishment isn't the thing that prevents bad behaviour, kids are more likely to become violent themselves, and can cause more severe psychological problems.

And what works are a combination of structure and security at home, positive reinforcement of good behaviour, clear behaviour boundaries.

Beating badly behaving kids at school is further punishing already troubled kids for the failings of their parents.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

The behavior disorders school was also optionally a boarding school, and most of the kids who went that route started dramatically improving once they got out of their ****ty homes
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                      I see it as a measure of last resort. I have the gravest reservations about every teacher having a stick.

OTH There were some real hardcases in my school who really took some getting through to. A touch of the cane might have steadied them down a bit. Sometimes parents just blindly back up their children but the school has to deal with the childs behaviour.
                      Corporal punishment was done away with in our school system after my 9th grade year. There was no noticable change in behaviour.

Why should a school have to deal with a childs (bad) behaviour? Send em home. Education is a priviledge not a right.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

which supports the notion that parents should be beaten instead

Comment

The cause of the "problem" can vary...

It could just be the child
                          It could be how other children treat the kid
                          It could be the parents
                          It could be the school or teachers
                          It could be just about anything

The trick is to identify the problem and address it.

And if that fails, beat the hell out of them
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When I was at school misbehaving students were given a taste of the stick. Nothing like a good thrashing to keep the kiddies in line.
                            Stick? Equip teachers with tasers too!
                            Blah

Comment

I'm confused as to why the "No" option is the HC option? I would think that HC is all for beating kids. I would also think that everyone is for beating HC. It just doesn't make sense any way you read it.

Comment

Working...
                              X