Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours of sleep do you need a night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get and need are totally different things. I try to get as many as I can grab on to, but I'm always craving more.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

~4.5 average during the week. 6 on weekends.

Comment

6 hours
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

23 hours
          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

During my work week, I get about 4-5 hours a day. On my days off, I get 8. I can get by on 4, but I don't like it.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

6-7 with an awake period of ~1 in the middle.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

More than I get.

Comment

Yeah, the past few nights have been more like 4...which I don't like.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

As a side note: me thinks Rah has forgotten how it is to have little kids in the house

You sleep when they decide you can sleep. Little buggers.
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

14. Non-negotiable.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                        As a side note: me thinks Rah has forgotten how it is to have little kids in the house

You sleep when they decide you can sleep. Little buggers.
                        yes my daughter is in her 20's so it's been quite a while. But with only one, it wasn't THAT bad. But I did nap when she did.

I was expecting to see a few (part of that 3%) of the superman that only need 4 hours since Poly has so many above average (at everything) posters.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                          I think I am functional at 5-6 every night.
                          Define "functional." For me it totally depends on what I have to do on a given day; for instance back when I was slinging 'zas (or even now when I'm moving, fixing up the house, etc.) I could get 0 hours of sleep in a 60-hour period and still feel like a million bucks, because there's something tangible in front of my face to do and a lot of moving around, but nowadays when I have to use my noggin for thinkin's and such I don't know that even 10 hours a day would be enough to rise above the level of mild but undetectible malpractice. Holy ****ing sweet chocolate christ am I tired.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

6 hours. I can continue indefinitely at that pace.
                            I rarely sleep as much as 8 hrs in a night, and I never nap.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

8 1/4
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Dan, we wanted your sleeping habits, not your hat size.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X