Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours of sleep do you need a night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours of sleep do you need a night.

I was watching the news last night and there was a story on this. They were highlighting a study that 3% of Americans seem to get by on must 4 hours a sleep a night. No naps, or anything similar. Other traits associated with this 3 percent were your typical type A personality traits. Success driven, outgoing, blah blah blah.

How many hours of sleep do you get/need a night.

I need only 6 hours a night, and on weekends I'll take naps to make up for those times when it's less than 6
    3 hours
    0.00%
    4 hours
    3.03%
    5 hours
    6.06%
    6 hours
    36.36%
    7 hours
    21.21%
    8 hours
    21.21%
    9 hours
    3.03%
    10 hours
    3.03%
    11 hours
    0.00%
    12 hours
    3.03%
    more than 12
    3.03%
    0, i prefer to play with my banana
    0.00%
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I don't have a regular sleeping pattern, but if it is less than four hrs for more than 2-3 consecutive days - I find that tiring... 6 hrs, I can get by forever, and if I have plenty of time and the weather is bad I can sleep more than 10 easily. All in all, I like to sleep.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I try to get 7.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

between 6 and 7. anything less and I really can't get stuff done and I find myself more hungry through the day.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

How many I need or how many I want?

I think I am functional at 5-6 every night.

I would prefer to get 6-8.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Similar to Jon.

I need 6 but prefer 8.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I really do need eight, and cannot operate effectively below five -- and five is really pushing it.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

If a person sleeps too little over a long period of time for a good part of their life, it can create serious health problems.

I think I need about seven hours of sleep.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Usually 5-6 hours / night.
                  Unless I have taken Antihistminics (against my allergy) the evening before,
                  then I usually need around 6-8 hours
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

6 during the week. 12 on weekends.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

6 is doable; 7 to be fully productive; 8 to feel fully rested.
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

between 6-7 although i find here in the hot weather i also like a nap in the middle of day for maybe 1 hour. siestas
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Well, it is the uninterrupted sleep that is my problem. I wake up every three hours.

Comment

5 or 6 on most weeknights during work term. 8 hours on weekend nights.

4 to 6 on most weeknights during school term. 10 hours on the weekend nights.

Comment

Sleep is for wimps.

Actually I like to get about 8 hours sleep.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X